Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:58:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBehind the horizon - a RPG,farming,nature simulation game - Demo released
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Behind the horizon - a RPG,farming,nature simulation game - Demo released  (Read 610 times)
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2020, 01:31:52 AM »

----------------------------- UPDATE -------------------

A free Demo of the game is released on itch io:

https://jadawin1.itch.io/behind-the-horizon

The first Chapter of the story is fully playable!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community

I am a German game designer and programmer and have been working on an RPG and farm game for several years now, which I would like to introduce to you here. It is based on a nature simulation and the RPG part is an epic story (game duration between 50-200h), which extends over 5 chapters. The nature simulation serves as a base for the huge living world in which there is a lot to discover. The farm part in the game fits harmoniously into the rpg-gameplay and provides with housing, crafting, animal husbandry  a lot of variety. Extensive underground areas filled with good and bad surprises offer excitement and challenges.

Behind the horizon offers a long mystical story a long way from the usual "Hero Saves the World". Rather it tells a story about the discovering of one's own nature and of the nature of the world. The community of Woodhome and the contact to the inhabitants plays an important role in the game. All dialogues, cutscenes and books with more than 400000 letters show the depth of story telling in Behind the Horizon!

The nature simulation makes sure that no game is like the other and that the landscape changes every day. The weather and the seasons are also simulated and have a direct influence on nature and the player. There are even catastrophes and special events in the simulation, which can change the landscape sudddenly.

In the settlements the NPCs go about their business and everyone can be talked to. The inhabitants have their own history and many need help or just want to chat a little. There are some difficult decisions to make and everything affects yourself and the world. Friendship and romances are also not unknown in Behind the Horizon, but more shall not be revealed here ;-) !

Well over 50 cutscenes, which bring the story forward or breathe life into certain moments. Among them are events like learning new skills as well as visions and information about the main story.

There are hundreds of items that you can find in the dark dungeons, buy from merchants, or make yourself. Potions, spells, all kinds of food and many other useful items can be built on the farm. There are numerous recipes for housing and also a lot of furniture at the local traders.

Magic is also not unknown in Behind the Horizon and the exploration to find the origin of magic is a central point in the story.

The combat system with 5 weapon types has over 30 spells. Many are also usefull while farming. Huge underground caves and dungeons with traps, labyrinths, treasures and many surprises await you. There are several boss enemies with sophisticated mechanics and also many annoying  ;-) Trashmobs like the well known giant bats.

For farming there are many vegetable plants and also ALL wild plants and trees for cultivation. Animals can be kept in enclosures or stables and also small, helping companions can be found. All the plants that you harvest on your farm ca be for your own nutrition, for cooking and making magic and of course to get the desired coins to be able to buy some things at the traders of Woodhome.

The mix between farming/RPG/exploring caves and housing is up to you, but it should be said that you can have a lot of variety if you want it. Just wandering through the nature after a season is over is always exciting to me. To see what has grown, what has died, how the course of the river has changed or where the quality of the earth has improved.

The game is basically finished. Now I need the help of dedicated game testers to help me find the last bugs and give me feedback on what might need to be changed! If you feel like it, please send me a private message!

Update: The english version is now fully translated! The Game is avaiable for testing in English or German!

An english trailer of the game you can find here:

More information about the game on my homepage: http://steinnest.de/hintermhorizont.html but for the moment only in german.

If you want to be a tester for the game please contact me !  I need feedback on the all aspects of the game. If someone wants to help with the translation of all the dialogs I would appreciate it !?

System requirements: A Windows PC or Laptop (Windows 7/8/10) with 4GB memory or more. It also runs smoothly on the newer Intel graphics chipsets. So hardware requirements rather moderate!

Some screenshots:

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 12:42:17 AM by Jadawin » Logged
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »

Some more screenshots...

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 07:15:57 AM by Jadawin » Logged
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 12:20:06 AM »

Version V1.03 is available

Change Log V 1.03 
old games can still be used (just copy them into the save folder)

Flood disaster:
Floods can now flood paths with a low probability. Trees die when they are flooded.
Events:
Magic Event: Bucket display error fixed
World:
Small animals adapted in size, as they seemed very small.
Planting radius around the consciousness crystal slightly slower rise
GUI:
Irrigation with buckets: empty buckets are now, when the last bucket is used up, collected together again in the selected inventory space so that they can be refilled immediately!
Additionally the light water bucket offers the possibility to water 3x3 fields at the same time by pressing L-Alt when using the bucket
Magic:
Spell Destruction now restores the ground less frequently and if this fails the ground is randomly selected.
instructions:
added some texts
Music:
some soft fades added

Some more Screenshots:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:08:03 AM »

Change Log V 1.04 

old games can still be used (just copy them into the save folder)

NPC:
Magdas workspace has been reduced in summer and autumn to avoid pumpkin seeds in the surrounding area.

Plans:
Changed plan for Good Buckets

Disasters:
The size of the catastrophes flood and drought has been slightly extended and the maximum
Number of possible floods increased.

World
Minor changes to the map , Bottlenecks at bridges during floods removed , access to cave entrances ensured
Rain and evaporation is now added directly to the soil by the hour instead of just once a day. This allows you to immediately see the effects of rain. At night, clear skies no longer affect the moisture in the soil.

Events:
After rainy weather in an event, the rain sound is now properly turned off

Harvest:
Factor for harvesting of self-planted trees and crops reduced and prices for fruits of trees adjusted, so that wild growing trees yield less than cultivated ones.

Graphics:
New textures for saxifrage and wild+ forest herbs.

I still need more Gametesters for Behind the Horizon

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 12:39:01 AM »

A free Demo of the game is released on itch io:

https://jadawin1.itch.io/behind-the-horizon

The first Chapter of the story is fully playable!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic