Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:20:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNewbie writer looking for work
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Newbie writer looking for work  (Read 868 times)
Sparrowhawk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2020, 09:42:39 AM »

Hi there, guys.

As it is said in the title, I'm a newcomer to game development and I'm looking for some work in order to hone my skills and become better at the craft (as well as to build up an actual portfolio).

I don't have a technical background but for the past seven years I've privately dabbled with scenario writing and coming up with story and gameplay concepts.

Since then I've made friends with a few guys more involved in the business, and they told me I should start going public with my ideas and look for a job in game dev, so here I am.

My name is Márcio Moreira, I'm a Brazilian writer with some relatively solid pencil drawing skills. While I won't say "no" to working with any genre in fiction, my preferred ones are horror, science fiction and fantasy (my favourite novels in each respective genre are "I am Legend", "Dune", and "A Wizard of Earthsea" btw). By the way, I also have a soft spot for giant robots and I'm currently working on an original novel that incorporates elements from the Mecha subgenre into a high-concept sci-fi setting.

My writing influences include Robert Jordan (The Wheel of Time), Frank Herbert (Dune), Ursula Le Guin ("Earthsea" and "The Left Hand of Darkness") and Yoshiyuki Tomino (Mobile Suit Gundam, I admire both his grounded approach in the mech technology and his sensibility in regards to the anti-war allegory that permeates the franchise); while my art aesthetic is influenced by Joe Madureira (Darksiders and Battle Chasers), Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy I-VI), Patrick Lambert (the "Disciples" franchise) and Akihiko Yoshida (Vagrant Story and NieR Automata).

If you find my description interesting and believe we could work together, feel free to get in touch via private messaging or e-mail (my address is public at my account page). I'm looking forward to your contact.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 11:35:35 AM by Sparrowhawk » Logged
Micah.WhiteBoxGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 06:51:16 AM »

We have some stuff that needs better written for a up coming release. Please contact us at [email protected]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic