Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:08:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Making a visual novel, wanna help us by voting on our designs?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Making a visual novel, wanna help us by voting on our designs?  (Read 2754 times)
zehailiu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2020, 04:45:21 AM »

TL;DR

Comment which you like, A, or B, or both, or neither.

Hey fellow humans, so my wife + good friend + I, all artists, have finally started working on our first indie game, a mystery visual novel about a spell gone wrong, a partner lost, and fixing your own mistakes.
Here are our first sketches for the character that the player will be interacting with. We're trying a lot of directions so it'd be nice to see how people respond to them, if you have the time, tell me which you prefer, A or B, and if you want to tell us about what you like about the designs, that'd be cool ^^
Sasha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:18:33 AM »

(I literary just create this profile to do this)

Both of them are gorgeous but there is a bigger reason why I can`t just choose one
A is far more dynamic while B is more static.
A seems a little more arrogant than B that looks rather thoughtful.
A gives me goddess/princess vibes while B seems more of an intellectual or even a fighter

What I'm trying to say here is that is far more about how you want the player to feel when they see the character rather than the quality of the design as both are beautifully done.
If I had to choose one personally I like more B because it seems to be a more complex character.

What I like about both designs:
The fluidness of the clothing.
Art style.
How expressive both concepts are.
The Japanese vibes (Idk if it's intentional but I feel it mixes samurai clothing and kimonos).

IDK if you have a mail list yet but I would love to see how this project continues as an artist myself.
[email protected] <--- if you have, feel free to add me
If you guys ever need a second opinion from the point of view of a customer, I'll try to be there. I wish you all the best!

Pd: Not a native speaker. Sorry for any grammatical mistakes
Dr. Büni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 06:17:42 AM »

I like both designs, and without context it is difficult to choose one. I am curious about your project, those designs are really good.
fskn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 05:02:56 PM »

I tend to like B more, because of how delicate the face looks.
But both are really great and would make a beautiful visual novel. Good job!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic