Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:01:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[Hobby] Software developer/ Computer Science student looking for artist partner
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Hobby] Software developer/ Computer Science student looking for artist partner  (Read 583 times)
mirrorbird
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2020, 10:50:07 PM »

Hello,

I got into programming 15 years ago because I wanted to make games, which I've been doing since then, on and off. I sold my first and only game after 1-2 years. Since then I haven't sold anything, published very little and finished less. I am trying to focus on my studies and career as a software developer now, but I can't get rid of my game development dream (which started at age 3 or so). I am a "professional", i.e. I get paid to write software, and am working on my Master's degree.

I've easily worked on over 100 projects, finished a handful. The only one I sold was made together with an artist, and having a partner helped to motivate both of us. He'd go off and draw his sprites, I'd write the gameplay, we'd hold each other accountable and just motivated each other by both being interested. It was also easier to stick to the plan (something I found harder later, when working alone).

If there are any productive and motivated 2D or 3D artists out there, who can actually crank out graphics and who have ideas about games, contact me! You don't have to be an amazing artist or have any professional experience or anything, but it's great if you do. I can provide links to my previous projects if you contact me.

I have a bunch of ideas of course, but everyone does. I suppose we would both pitch ideas and try to settle on one, plan exactly what we'll do, and do it. I'd like to start with something taking a few months at most.

Hope to hear from someone!  Toast Right
mbird
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic