Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:31:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNEWS Behind the horizon - a RPG,farming,nature simulation game
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: NEWS Behind the horizon - a RPG,farming,nature simulation game  (Read 3181 times)
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2020, 01:07:12 AM »

Hello Community,

after some years of development I released a demo which includes the first chapter of the story from Behind the Horizon on itch io:

https://jadawin1.itch.io/behind-the-horizon

and a new english Trailer for the game:

--------------- Description ---------------

Behind the Horizon is a RPG, Farming and Nature simulation game with an epic story. The game offers a long mystical story a long way from the usual "Hero Saves the World". Rather it tells a story about the discovering of one's own nature and of the nature of the world.

The community of Woodhome and the contact to the inhabitants plays an important role in the game. There are a lot of story lines  concerning the Woodhome´s inhabitants.
The nature simulation makes sure that no game is like the other and that the landscape changes every day.

The weather and the seasons are also simulated and have a direct influence on nature and the player. There are even catastrophes and special events in the simulation, which can change the landscape sudddenly.

In the settlements the NPCs go about their business and everyone can be talked to. The inhabitants have their own history and many need help or just want to chat a little.

There are some difficult decisions to make and everything affects yourself,   the world and the story. Friendship and romances are also not unknown in Behind the Horizon, but more shall not be revealed here ;-) !

Well over 50 cutscenes, which bring the story forward or breathe life into certain moments. Among them are events like learning new skills as well as visions and information about the stories.

There are hundreds of items that you can find in the dark dungeons, buy from merchants, or make yourself. Potions, spells, all kinds of food and many other useful items can be built on the farm. There are numerous recipes for housing and also a lot of furniture at the local traders.Magic is also not unknown in Behind the Horizon and the exploration to find the origin of magic is a central point in the story.

The combat system with 5 weapon types has over 30 spells. Many are also usefull while farming. Huge underground caves and dungeons with traps, labyrinths, treasures and many surprises await you. There are several boss enemies with sophisticated mechanics and also many annoying  ;-) Trashmobs like the well known giant bats.Farming: You can cultivate many vegetable plants and also all wild plants and trees.

Animals can be kept in enclosures or stables and also small, helping companions can be found and trained. All the plants that you harvest on your farm can be used for your own nutrition, for cooking and the making of spells and of course to get the desired coins to be able to buy some things from the traders of Woodhome.

The mix between farming/RPG/exploring caves and housing is up to you, but it should be said that you can have a lot of variety. Just wandering through the nature after a season is over is always exciting to me. To see what has grown, what has died, how the course of the river has changed or where the quality of the earth has improved.System requirements:

A Windows PC or Laptop (Windows 7/8/10) with 4GB memory or more. It runs smoothly on the newer Intel graphics chipsets. So hardware requirements rather moderate!

------------ Screenshots ---------------

« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:51:55 AM by Jadawin » Logged
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 02:11:56 AM »

Hello, community,

Today I would like to tell you why I wrote Behind the Horizon!

I have played many games myself, especially roleplaying games, and there are only a few I like to remember, because they bring new and different ideas in. 

Normally it's all about the hero who saves the world and the destruction of one or more enemies. Online games are about competing with others and being better, having better equipment, making some kind of achievement, etc.! Besides, most games are endless. Monsters get up again, quests have to be done over and over again and the grinding has reached unbelievable dimensions. In short, as a player I feel more and more in the role of being played by the game, instead of diving into another world and experiencing a good, exciting story there. In terms of a book, it would be in something like this: After each page of the novel I first have to count all the pages of the book before I can read on ;-) !

Furthermore, the focus of many games I know is on violence and destruction. Even many construction games don't make a difference. I have always longed for peaceful, beautiful and also romantic moments in games. Unfortunately, these moments rarely or never exist. I think games should inspire people! What is  inspiring about a soldier armed to the teeth who blows up an enemy tank? Are there not enough conflicts and violence in the world?

- In Behind the Horizon I tried to avoid all this and let the player dive into a living world that is constantly changing. Of course there are monsters to fight in my game, but fighting isn't the focus nor is it completely pointless, because something is really changing. The player always has an impact on the world. The story is about the player himself and delves deeply into mystical and spiritual themes that have the potential to change your way of thinking in the real world. Behind the horizon is a "friendly" game with lovable, lively people who populate the world. Getting to know these people and telling their stories in a cheerful, nice way was also one of my goals. It should feel like home to stroll through Woodhome, visit Emma's junk shop or go to Chloé's restaurant.

You are ther center of the story and the story is like a red thread through everything you experience in the world. The tension intensifies in the last two chapters before it ends with one of the two possible endings. Since I created this game alone in years of work and I am mainly a game designer and programmer, I had to make some compromises mostly in terms of graphics. First it doesn't feel like all of a piece, but when you play Behind the Horizon for a while, it's hardly noticeable. There may be players for whom bombastic, coherent graphics are

indispensable and for whom my game is certainly unsuitable. All others, who are also longing for a game in which you can feel comfortable, I highly recommend to give Behind the Horizon a chance!

The demo (1 chapter of the story) is available on itch io in german and english:   https://jadawin1.itch.io/behind-the-horizon

The final release will follow soon!

Trailer:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 03:16:08 AM »

Hello Community,

After some consideration I decided to give up the round world map and extend the player's view to the whole screen. Many testers said that the unused screen area disturbed them and I now agree with that.

To make this change possible had to adjust some spells and potions in their function. For this purpose I have built a fatigue system into the game. After 16h without sleep the player gets a message that it is time to sleep. After 18h his visibility starts to decrease until he only perceives his immediate surroundings. If this is ignored, the loss of energy puts an end to the endless hustle and bustle ;-) !

Sleeping reduces the tiredness naturally. Roughly speaking you have to sleep 1h to get rid of 2h tiredness. With a 16h awake and 6h sleep rhythm this works well. By means of a spell or with potions you can also extend the time of being awake without causing negative effects.

All changes in V1.05 you can see in the Changelog.

The new version you can download on my itch io page:

Here some new screenshots:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 09:25:45 PM »

Hello, Communnity,

there is a new gameplay video from Behind the Horizon. This time it's about the fighting system in the caves.
The huge areas of the caves and catacombs are, like the whole map of the game, are 100% hand designed and each cave is unique. There are small puzzles, traps and many little stories from the ancient times. Everywhere there is something to discover.

Have fun with the video!

You can find the latest version of the demo (Chapter 1) on my itch io page:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:33:28 AM »

The village Woodhome

Take a little walk through Woodhome! In Woodhome live many inhabitants. They walk around, go to work, visit each other and live in harmony with nature. You´ll find many shops and craftsmen there too. You can talk to everyone and the people will tell you about their needs and problems or help you in your tasks.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 09:11:05 PM »

Hello, community,

Today the focus lies on the nature simulation in Behind the Horizon. In the beginning programming the simulation was my only goal and it is now the base of all other systems in my game. At first I tried a very complicated approach with many parameters, but I soon realized that this would become much too complicated for the player. So I created the simulation based on 4 essential factors. These are: ...temperature, light, humidity and nutrients. All plants have a "feel-good" area for each value in which they grow and a duration of days they can endure extreme conditions. If there is no improvement afterwards, they die.

Nutrients are in a constant cycle and are absorbed and released back into the soil after death. A lack of nutrients is the quickest way to kill a plant. Animals also belong to this cycle by eating plants and excreting them again. Some farm animals can even be used selectively to fertilize the soil.

Water enters the soil through rain or snow, but also through fog and through adjacent water or swamp fields. Many desert plants can survive almost indefinitely without water, but then they also stop growing. Depending on the type of soil, part of the water gained seeps away again and is not usable for the plants. In sunny weather a lot of water evaporates. Ground cover and trees help to minimise evaporation.

The temperature depends on the weather and the season and peaks in midsummer. Plants that prefer a cooler climate usually grow only in the north. At temperatures below zero degrees, rain falls as snow and gradually forms a solid snow cover, which also thaws only slowly. Ponds also freeze at low temperatures and can then be entered.

The light intensity changes according to the season and is of course lower under trees. Some plants do not tolerate direct sunlight in summer.

Possibilities:
To adjust these four natural values and to grow all plants successfully on the farm there are many possibilities of influence from fertilizer and water buckets to magic crystals and spells. However, you can also make a lot of things possible by observing nature and finding combination of plants which can grow in symbiosis. For example, the temperature under trees is always a bit higher than on the bare earth.

Soils:
The quality of the soil is slowly evolving because of the plants that grow on it. The quickest way to do this is for the player to plant a field himself, because the crops give the soil the most experience. If the soil quality increases by one level, its ability to store water and nutrients usually increases, and often it is possible to plant certain more demanding crops on it.
However, as a result of certain events or natural disasters, the soil can also degenerate and thus loose quality again.
There are the following soil types in my game which are important for farming: rock, loose stones, gravel, sand, sandy soil, clay, hard clay , red earth and black earth. Beyond that there are the swamp and the waters and a few more, but they do not play a big role.

Plants:
There are three different plants that can grow on a field at the same time and therefore there are many more or less successful combinations. The lowest level is formed by the ground cover, followed by the cultivated plants and above that by bushes and trees. Each plant has its individual characteristics and also produces something. These can be fruits and vegetables or flowers and alchemical substances. Everything can be used in any recipe, or sold for coins.
All plants sow themselves according to the direction of the wind and reproduce themselves. If a plant is harvested, it will not multiply. The life span of a plant varies from 1 year to 10 years in the game. After that the plant dies and returns its nutrients to the earth.

Conclusion:
This was a small insight into the mechanics underlying the simulation of nature. I can guarantee that every world will look different. Depending on what the player does (and there are many possibilities) and which way the plants themselves choose, the landscape changes constantly. I had already had one year where a mass death of pine trees started and large areas emptied. This area was then gradually conquered by other plants.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 08:10:30 PM »

Hello, community,

Today I would like to tell you something about the graphic in Behind the Horizon. Since I am mainly a game designer and programmer I had to start from scratch in the graphical area and often had to rely on other generous artists who provide their textures and sprites as OpenArt. Therefore there are inevitably different graphic styles in my game, which is perceived as disturbing by some. But I have found that after a short time it doesn't matter anymore and in some "magical" way ;-) everything fits together again. It's the athmosphere that carries the game and the many possibilities and stories that Behind the Horizon is focused on.

It was especially difficult to find animated sprites, which had to be available in many ariations (NPCs) for my game. The NPCs should be easily distinguishable and in the end I decided to use an OpenArt Online Sprite Generator and then manually enhance them and add animations if needed. This serves its purpose well. I would have liked to add more animals of the wilderness, like squirrels, foxes, wild cats etc... but unfortunately there was little choice and creating my own animations proved to be so time-consuming that it would have doubled the already giganitic time needed for the game.

In the caves I decided to use the technique of ambient occlusion, because it's simply more exciting if you don't see everything immediately and turn around a corner and discover a surprise (good or bad) there. The corresponding part of the program was quite complicated, because it should be fast enough to handle many light sources and it is calculated on the CPU. With the third attempt it worked and I think it does its purpose and contributed a lot to the atmosphere in the dark caves.

The graphical interface is almost completely designed by myself and it is colored in earth tones matching the theme of the game. I tried to make it clear and not overload it with too much information. It was also important to me that the handling is fluent and comfortable and one does not spend too much time in the inventory or other elements of the interface.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 08:18:16 PM »

Hello, community,
Today I have another gameplay video for you. This time I walk through some of the different types of landscapes from the high snowy north to the deserts in the south.

In the second part unfortunately the recording software messed up the frame rate and the video stutters. But in the game everything runs smoothly :-) !

Have fun with the video!

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:13 PM »

Hello, community,

today I´ll tell you about magic in Behind the Horizon. Magic and its use is closely linked to the epic story of my game, and is used not only for killing monsters in the huge hand made caves, but for many other manipulations of the world. For example, later in the game you can turn land fields into water fields or speed up the growth of plants enormously.

Graphically I have a unique animation for each spell, which shows the character of the spell visually. There are 40 different spells and animations in total.

As a magician you learn new magic formulas one by one, which are mixed from substances found in the world or produced by yourself. The finished spells can be used with enough magic power. However, every spell has a minimal consciousness value. If this value is higher than the player's, the spell can be cast, but can lead to unpredictable consequences. For example, a healing spell can deal damage, or a weather spell can cause a natural disaster. The probability of this happening is directly related to the lack of consciousness.

There are also magic crystals that directly affect the surrounding fields and change the temperature, light or even water and nutrients of the soil. This gives many exciting new possibilities to create your own farm.

Indirectly, magic also finds its way into many items of equipment, where it improves basic values such as creativity or attack. Such magically enhanced equipment can be found in large numbers, bought or even build by yourself.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2020, 01:03:10 AM »

Hello, community,
Today I have another gameplay video for you. This time I visit my farm, which I built in 6 years ingame time. Since everyone is completely free to design their own farm and there is a large area available for it, every farm will look different. Additionally there is the always the constantly changing nature to which you have to adapt.
Later even water can be magically transformed into land and land into water.

Have fun with the video!

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 09:45:37 PM »

Changelog 1.07
old games can still be used (just copy them into the save folder)

Nature simulation:
Introduction of seepage. Every soil type now has the property of seepage, which tells you what percentage of the added water will seep away. Stones, gravel and sand have the highest seepage values. Heavy clay and clay soil have the lowest. The seepage puts the soil composition and the development of the soil even more in the focus and makes it more laborious to cultivate on sand or sandy soil.

Earth fields bordering on swamps, ponds or river water now benefit from the moisture of the neighbouring field. The water supply is replenished daily.
Evaporation in sunny weather has been greatly increased during the day.
Ground coverings plants now reduce evaporation by up to 50% depending on the density of growth.
Trees now reduce evaporation by up to 50% depending on size (giant adult trees also reduce evaporation from surrounding fields by 25%)

Adjustment:
Cacti and palm trees now have greater resistance to drought.

Trees and giant trees can no longer be replanted with a shovel, but must be sown. Seeds can still be dug up.

Some trees now have more specific preferences in temperature and cannot survive the winter directly at the farm.

The reproduction conditions of trees have been changed once again to prefer a more varied and less dense forest.

Some weapons have been adjusted in damage and speed to improve balance.

Combat spells cost a little more energy to improve the balance to melee weapons.

Nutrient and Water Crystals now give less water and nutrients than combinations of 2 or 4 crystals.

The reproduction of NPC farm animals has been increased.

Graphics:

Some seed varieties made more visible

Pear tree texture improved

Coffee bean blossom now better visible

AloeVera textures now more uniform in color

2 path textures less prominent

Bugs:

The snowmelt now also takes place in warm rainy weather.

Change of weather allows for a change of weather even if a sequence has been started in a house.
Shadowing by giant trees now covers all fields around.

Shading of fields by trees now only becomes active when the tree is medium in size.

Chickens no longer leave the brooding mode because they want to lay an egg in the nest.
Stone wall gates can now be placed directly into the stone wall like wooden gates

Localization English:

some missing infotexts have been translated

corrected several small errors in the dialogs

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The new version you can download on my itch io page:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 10:40:58 PM »

Hello, community,

today it's all about the music and sound effects in Behind the Horizon. Most of the music used in my game is public domain or open music and the rest was composed by myself. Essentially, these are the guitar pieces (with and without vocals). I tried to choose the music according to the mood of the area and for areas that are often entered (like Woodhome or your own farm) I used light, pleasant melodies. All in all I took great care that the appropriate music fits to the area, the cutscene or the NPC (in dialogues).

In addition, there are different ambient sounds depending on the time of day and season, which are of course best heard when no music is playing. In the caves you can hear for example falling water drops and in the forest in the evening in summer the crickets chirp.

The numerous other sound effects, from the interface, the fights I got from various sources. Partly public domain and open music, but also self-created effects or sound effects cut out of videos are included.

In total there are more than 200 sound effects and 50 pieces of music that have found their way into the game. In addition there is also the ambient music for forest, plains and caves. An complex system (based on time of day, season and vegetation in the surrounding area) decides which background music is used.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »

The release of Behind the Horizon is coming closer and closer (September 2020) and today I would like to take you with me for a day in my game.

We' ll take care of the farm's plants and animals, walk through the living wilderness of the world, visit one of the many dark caves and in the evening we' ll visit Woodhome.

The world of Behind the Horizon is 100% handmade, without repetitions and without artificial game extensions. It is alive through the simulation of nature and changes dramatically throughout the epic story.

The story is driven by cutscenes, dialogues with the inhabitants of the world and also by books and writings, while the farm and role-playing part of the game blend in harmoniously and provide a lot of variety.

Video:

You can find the latest version of the demo (Chapter 1) on my itch io page. There you´ll find also much more Informationen and Development News.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »

Hello, community,

today I want to tell you something about the epic story in Behind the Horizon. Of course, I don't want to put spoilers in here. The story unfolds around the player and his destiny and connects his development on the outside with his spiritual development. In the linear five chapters the player learns more and more about the nature of the world and the magic that fills all living things with life. With the power the player gains, the responsibility for his actions also increases. In the final chapters there are huge changes in the world and finally the story comes to a full circle in one of two possible endings.

In addition to the epic main story, there are numerous quest series, which partly extend through several chapters. The quests are focussed on the people in Woodhome and the Oasis, and the player learns a lot about the inhabitants and has to make some tricky decisions. All inhabitants can be talked to and most of them play a role at some point in the story.

Of course friendship and love cannot be missing in a game like Behind the Horizon, but I won't write anything more about that now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release will be in September 2020 !

You can find the latest version of the demo (Chapter 1) on my itch io page. There you´ll find also much more Informationen and Development News.

Jadawin1.itch.io
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 05:42:07 AM »

Please use this same thread when posting about your game instead of starting new ones. It saves me the effort of having to merge them.

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 01:19:49 AM »

Hello Community,

today I publish my last post before the release on September 11th, 2020 of Behind the Horizon. It is about the combat mechanics in the caves and what you´ll find there. The caves themselves cover a huge underground area and are 100% handmade. By ambient occlusion and ambient sound, an eerie or mysterious atmosphere is created.

There are a total of 14 different types of monsters with various subspecies, which differ in size, colour and  in abilities. The boss monsters all have unique spells and mechanics, and many of the "normal" monsters are also capable of simple magic. Of course there are also very simple spiders and bats, which are more annoying than dangerous ;-) !
Monsters can have a resistance against a certain type of damage and have different armor values. They also have resistance to the effects that elemental spells or enchanted weapons can cause.

The player can choose between 4 types of weapons: sabre, sword, spear, sword, spear and light+heavy bow. In addition, there are elemental spells made of fire, air, water, ice. Each element has its own temporary effect (visible). In addition, spears and heavy bows have the push effect, which pushes monsters away from the player.

Ice spells leave ice on their path and can cause stones to burst. Fire spells damage trees and destroy plants in their path and water spells replenish the water reserves of the ground.

The strength of elemental spells depends on the attack value, which is also important for normal weapons, and on magic points. For each spell there is also a minimum value of magic points, so that the player can use the spell at all. Furthermore, the player's consciousness must also be high enough, otherwise the spell will fail and may even have opposite effects.

The attack value is permanently increased by killing (many) monsters and by rare spells.

The player also has resistances to the individual elements, but these also reduce the damage he receives from this element. Very useful for enemies who attack with elemental spells.

All values can be greatly improved temporarily and it is worth cooking good potions and food or using spells for it. Bonuses do not add up, but always the strongest applies.

In the caves there are small simple puzzles and of course there are also nasty traps, invented by the demons, in which the hero has to fall.

Death in Behind the Horizon is not punished, except by running back into the cave and a few hours of unconsciousness. However, there is one exception: if you die while fighting a higher demon, it will eat the hero's life essence and you have to load a savegame.

------------------------------------------------

A free Demo of the game is released on itch io:

The first Chapter of the story is fully playable!

-----------------------------------------------------

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2020, 08:37:40 PM »

ChangeLog V1.1 Release Version
(old savegames of the demo can be used for the new demo version)

Release of the game on 11.9.2020 - the new demo is already available today!
(for the release version a new game must be started. Demo games can unfortunately not be continued).

Bugs:

Bug in the event "Lassagne in the evening" fixed

No more water is drawn from water fields

A bug in the growth of animals has been removed

Some potential problems when using the teleport in closed areas have been fixed.

Enlarged the starting area of an event in a cave.

No more duplicate messages about a dead animal.

Adjustment:

Changed Aleena's dialogue background music

The prickly pear bush can now only be bought in the oasis.

Donkeys now eat up all the ground cover little by little and then improve the soil (all soil types)

Pigs are now improving the soil a little faster, donkeys and horses a little slower than before

When using the teleporter stone to the farm, the music from the farm will now occasionally start.

Nutrient and water crystals return less nutrients and water respectively, so the rain spell, water buckets and farm animals that fertilize the soil have their place and farming is not made too easy.

Animals now hold still briefly when tamed with a spell

The player's old position is now only saved when using the teleport spell and not when travelling between stone circles or using the teleport stone.

The soil improvement of the plants was revised and adapted to the type of plants

Tooltip window has been enlarged to fit all texts.

NPC crafting stations are now private.

When fighting higher Demons that prevent teleporting the player can no longer save the game.

Quarries now produce now less stone and ore.

Emerald wood stumps and hollow trunks now give less emerald wood.

Loot now stops in front of walls so that everything can be collected.

Animals that live in a barn now have a chance of 2 eggs/milk/wool

The soil type now reduces or increases the germination time by up to +/- 2 days depending on the quality of the soil.

When enchanting animals, the spell will now immediately indicate if the animal is still too young.

Soils:

The experience points of the levels of the earth have been raised slightly

Graphics:

Bridges are now also shown on the minimap

Instructions that were too large for the window were shortened

Now different mouse pointers for dialogues, communication with plants and animals

Mouse pointer interaction now coloured

There are now 6 (instead of 3) differently coloured cats and dogs, so that you can better distinguish your own pets.

Seeds of the Agave are now more visible.
Seeds of the coffee perennial are now more visible.
Cucumber plant with cucumbers now easier to recognise.

World
Various problems during floods eliminated
Adapted some walls in the caves and added a switch so that the area remains accessible even if the player teleports out.
Minor improvements all over the world map.

-----------------------------------

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:43:18 PM by Jadawin » Logged
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2020, 09:30:58 AM »

Changelog 1.1b Release

Compatibility of demo savegames

Many players will be happy that you can now use savegames from the demo V1.1 in the main game. Please copy the "Savegame File - Save0-4" into the "Save" folder of the main game and load it normally.
Older savegames from versions before 1.1 should not be used, because the world has changed in many places.
Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »

Version V1.12 released

There is a new version available with improvements and bugfixes from Behind the Horizon!

The link to my itch.io page, where you can already try and buy the game

Release on Steam and maybe GOG.com coming soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog V1.12
(old savegames can still be used)

GUI

The appropriate interface size is now determined automatically when the game starts and then saved with the score. Later this can also be set manually and is also saved. However, it is not recommended to make the GUI so large that windows overlap, because then some elements are no longer accessible.

Speech bubbles position at the player optimised

The active tool in the quick bar can now be changed with the scroll wheel of the mouse.

In the Quest Overview and Library, the list can now also be moved using the mouse scroll wheel.

Into
A dollar symbol has been changed into a euro symbol :-) !

Magic:
New magic that allows to transfer animals from one stable to another or to unbind the connection to a stable.

World:
An event starter has been changed

Translation:
Texts for the load and save dialog were translated into English.

Bugs:
Error in the calculation of dealer prices (Affection Boni) fixed

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be glad to get your opinion and every feedback on the game :-) !

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can find all links to my RPG, Farming and Nature Simulation Game:

The old trailer of the game can be seen here:

Because a lot has changed already (the trailer is about 1 year old) I have recorded some more gameplay videos:

Fighting in the Caves:

Take a walk in the wilderness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UqIAkAIlQ

Visiting Woodhome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9C1hD0wEac

The Farm:

..and here the most actual Gameplay Video: A new day:

My link to my page on itch.io with all articles, sceenshots and devlogs and currently the only place to test and buy the game:

Jadawin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 09:17:11 AM »

Hello Community,

today there is again a small content update with some changes and new possibilities! This time it's all about communication with plants!
Have fun trying it out!

changelog V1.14
(old savegames can still be used)

Animation:
Fixed bug with standing devil animation

Magic

The spell Connect Spirit has undergone some changes: If the spell is cast on a plant that was not planted by the player, it will be given the status "planted by the player" if it is within reach of the crystal. The spell does not work on trees.
If the spell is cast on an empty field, the player will have a temorary connection to all the surrounding plants and trees he has planted and can see if they are suffering from deficiency conditions (graphically marked by animated different coloured symbols on the field. Blue stands for lack of water, brown for lack of nutrients, orange for too much heat, turquoise for too cold, light yellow for too much light and dark grey for too little light.

The Heal spell can now also revive trees in "Overload" mode. They get a part of their life time back, but first they have to grow again until they can bear fruit.

New building plans:
Lightning conductor: prevents lightning from striking an area (lightning destroys all plants and damages trees and injures or kills animals)
Herbal stake: will be needed in the next big content update.
Sandbag: prevents the field from being flooded.

Plant Emote:
the reason why plants are dying is now also shown. It also shows when a tree is wounded.

GUI
If you press the "Left Control Button" in the game, the area in which the player is allowed to plant (measured against his consciousness) is displayed brighter. Floor areas that are still too far away are displayed darker.

Display:
Shopsign with opening hours of Alfred's farm shop corrected

---------------------------------------------

Game Trailer:

Here the link to my shop page at Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1453430?beta=0
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic