Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:29:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDodge This - One Shot, Two Kills [HTML5]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dodge This - One Shot, Two Kills [HTML5]  (Read 1122 times)
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2020, 07:04:31 AM »

Play Dodge This: https://www.pirongames.com/dodge-this/play/

Info
Dodge This is a minimalist puzzle game, where the goal is to kill all enemies with a single shot. Try to bounce as little as possible and meet the par for each level.

There are 30 levels so far, but planning on adding more soon.

If interested in game dev details, please check out a "behind the scenes" post here: https://www.pirongames.com/new-release-dodge-this/

Enjoy!

Project trailer on YouTube

Screenshots

one of the Many
ArsCreativa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 07:15:15 AM »

Hi!
I've been playing your game, and it's fun and doesn't seems to have any visible flaws.
Maybe a little big step in difficulty in level 5 compared to the previous ones , and the fonts could be a bit bolder, but nothing serious at all.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:26 AM »

Hi Werekarg,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 05:32:17 AM »

after seeing @jbarrios playing, indeed the 5th level does seem to pose a problem, i'll move it toward the end, along with the sphere bouncing levels, until the player gets more comfortable with the mechanics.

i'll most likely add aiming helpers (like the previous projectile starting point and aiming point) in the next update.

thank you for the feedback so far!

one of the Many
head_ache
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 07:45:21 PM »

Fun game, reminds me of the mobile game "Okay?". I would suggest a way to cancel your ball for those times you know its not going to hit and it continues bouncing. Maybe I'm just impatient.  Embarrassed
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 03:42:06 AM »

in the top-left corner there is a button that resets the level Smiley

yeah, okay? and ultraflow were inspirations for this one.

Fun game, reminds me of the mobile game "Okay?". I would suggest a way to cancel your ball for those times you know its not going to hit and it continues bouncing. Maybe I'm just impatient.  Embarrassed

one of the Many
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 11:41:32 AM »

as it seems that Dodge This reigns the top of the most played games on my site, thought it might be the time to tweak it a little bit and add new content.

so, i've added Chapter 2, with 20 new levels (plus an extra 10 if you have a Web Monetization subscription). this new chapter plays around the theme of motion and it's overall harder than the first one.

i've also added a targeting history - if you don't like it, disable it from the settings. i'm still playing around with the idea of adding a trail of the last trajectory, but i think it might detract from the otherwise minimalist feeling.

have fun.

one of the Many
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic