Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:03:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMoneySeize
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: MoneySeize  (Read 32930 times)
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:35 PM »

It's very sweet and well balanced, and at the same time, it's very annoying that 50% of the time it will do something and 50% of the time it will do something else, even if you repeat the exact same moves.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Crackerblocks
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 03:15:46 PM »

Thanks for at least providing 25ish levels that us mortals can have fun with. 
I don't normally go for games like this, but you did a nice job of baiting me into trying to complete the difficult parts.
aztechnical
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »

I love all of your games Matt, and I stayed up pretty late getting 100% on the first 20 levels. The only thing I don't like about the game is instead of the level design or enemies or platform arrangement making levels difficult it's the sensitivity while moving in the air. I'd rather the velocity while in the air be static, but I'll keep plugging away. Coffee
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »

I have no idea on how to activate the translucent golden tiles, am I supposed to know?

edit: There's a button on the seventh level Tongue
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:46:33 AM by Massena » Logged

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2009, 03:53:30 PM »

I'm loving this game, but the fact that Firefox has decided to start freezing for a fraction of a second every minute or so is making me horribly frustrated Outraged
ChevyRay
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 04:11:43 PM »

I'm loving this game, but the fact that Firefox has decided to start freezing for a fraction of a second every minute or so is making me horribly frustrated Outraged
Assuming this probably is related to Flash's garbage collector; apparently some folks on Kongregate were having trouble with such delays, which can get annoying in a game where a single mis-tap of a button can mean instant death :D

Unfortunately with Flash, the garbage collector is apparently kind of a bitch to work around sometimes.
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »

Finally managed to perfect every level and find all those accursed secret doors. You are a devilish man, Matt Thorson.

Needless to say, I love it <3

I did think level 40 was almost too evil, though. Since the breakaway blocks you jump around on were usually right next to a wall of spikes, sliding just a pixel or so too far to one side of the block meant death. There's a lot of precision jumping in the game, for sure, but since in that level you are forced to slide in order to do high enough jumps, it just felt a little too punishing when sliding just a bit too far meant death.

Of course, I'm probably just being nit-picky, and since I did eventually learn how to do that level perfectly every try by the end, it probably only means I'm a slow learner.

JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »

Level 40?  Sad

I'm still stuck in the 20s. Haven't even gotten one coin off level 16.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2009, 02:46:20 AM »

I finally got that yellow bird in level 13 Tears of Joy

I've mastered everything up to 38 now, (except for 30, grr)

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »

Featured on Bytejacker (http://www.bytejacker.com/episodes/044), Jayisgames (http://jayisgames.com/archives/2009/07/moneyseize.php).

Curseman
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »

The game is well put together, and it starts out pretty fun, but it seems like it just gets to be more trouble than it's worth.  I played through An Untitled Story, and I didn't think it was this unforgiving.
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2009, 08:56:15 PM »

The game is well put together, and it starts out pretty fun, but it seems like it just gets to be more trouble than it's worth.  I played through An Untitled Story, and I didn't think it was this unforgiving.

It's purposefully meant to be my most difficult game yet (though some of my fans have told me I didn't quite achieve that goal).  Definitely not for everyone. 

Thanks for giving it a try though! Maybe my next one won't be so brutal Tongue

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »

Just out of curiosity, are you working on any more exploration-oriented projects like An Untitled Story?  Would you even say if you were?  :D
Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »

Just out of curiosity, are you working on any more exploration-oriented projects like An Untitled Story?  Would you even say if you were?  :D

I actually have a few concepts for exploration-style games right now!  I've been mentioning all over the place that I feel like I'm in the mood to do a less difficult game next.

One concept I have for an exploration game is sort of like Spelunky meets Super Metroid with an added twist.  I'll have to do a lot of prototyping though before I even know if I can make the idea fun to play.

I might also do some iPhone development, but probably not this summer.

GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 10:09:29 PM »

Oh, good to hear then!  Definitely an interesting concept, too; Metroid is about as solid as it gets when it comes to atmosphere/exploration, and Metroid Prime (1) is probably the best 3d exploration game so far.  I've been so tempted to replay it, but the re-release with Wii controls is coming out at the end of the summer (ugh...great timing Nintendo), and I really loved the controls of 3.

Anyway, best of luck with prototyping etc.  Smiley
Therum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2009, 09:47:49 AM »

I'd just like to chime in and say that AUS is one of my favorite indie games, so if you wanted to release a similar game, that'd be awesome.

Just please - no five-stage final bosses next time. Please? I still haven't beaten the game because of that bastard.  Embarrassed
Triplefox
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »

(the logic and render loops are independent).

Enjoying the game but for the intermittent hiccups - I have a suggestion related to that.

For a game requiring this much precision, completely independent logic and render can be a bad thing; I wouldn't have a serious issue with the game slowing down if I was able to see the character moving and continue maneuvering. While it means I would have to change my timing, that's a lesser evil than "I start a jump, the game hiccups, and the next frame rendered is a dead MoneySeize."

If your approach is also using a delta time value you can still get the benefits of that, you just have to specify a maximum amount of time a single frame of gameplay can simulate - below the maximum, frames are skipped, above the max the logic slows down.

Matt Thorson
Level 7

c'est la vie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

(the logic and render loops are independent).

Enjoying the game but for the intermittent hiccups - I have a suggestion related to that.

For a game requiring this much precision, completely independent logic and render can be a bad thing; I wouldn't have a serious issue with the game slowing down if I was able to see the character moving and continue maneuvering. While it means I would have to change my timing, that's a lesser evil than "I start a jump, the game hiccups, and the next frame rendered is a dead MoneySeize."

If your approach is also using a delta time value you can still get the benefits of that, you just have to specify a maximum amount of time a single frame of gameplay can simulate - below the maximum, frames are skipped, above the max the logic slows down.

I'll play around with it thanks.

Kaelan
Level 1

Malcontent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2009, 11:23:38 AM »

Neat game. I like the variety in the movement controls and the general aesthetic.

Found a bug, though: You can bounce off the red diamonds by landing on them even after they're gone - I managed to bounce off an invisible one on stage four, which was pretty confusing.

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I see. They're supposed to respawn, and one just happened to respawn right as I landed on it.

PixelHorror
Level 0

Hey look a Blue Zombie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

Great game!

I love the simplicity of it and the controls, you really hit the nail in the head Sir  Beer!

Also, the tower mechanic reminded me of Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, in which you had to get Rupees to make a tower grow and get to new lands.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic