Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:52:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsGMTK Game Jam 2020 (Jul 10-12) [OUT OF CONTROL]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GMTK Game Jam 2020 (Jul 10-12) [OUT OF CONTROL]  (Read 9602 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2020, 05:39:45 AM »

This will be my second GMTK jam. Hope to see some other people on here joining in too! Smiley Got a bit exhausted doing three jams close to each other at the beginning of the year, but I'm finally starting to feel rested up and a bit excited about this one.

This jam is tied to the YouTube channel Game Maker's Toolkit by Mark Brown, which is all about game design, and the jam (fourth one so far) is always based around the subject of one of his videos, but last year was an exception with a keyword theme like Ludum Dare, so let's see what this year brings!

It's a huge jam similar to Ludum Dare. This time it's 48 hours. Details were dropped by Mark himself not long ago:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 11:16:31 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 03:44:15 AM »

Theme will be revealed in the premiere of this video later today!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 11:17:01 AM »

Theme is…

"OUT OF CONTROL"

nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 12:41:54 AM »

Mmnh. I was really thinking about it, but then it ended up coinciding with downtime for me with game dev stuff in general... not really any time left, now. Oh well.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 12:46:47 AM »

Aww. Other way around for me, haven't done game programming in quite a while now. Cherish your downtime, there will be a Ludum Dare later this year too! c:

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 01:30:33 PM »

My game is "Catnip"!

Slightly better post-jam version (about an hour of extra finishing touches and fixes):

https://prinsessa.itch.io/catnip-post-jam

Link to the pre-deadline version on there if you're a fellow jammer rating it!

Vidak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »

My game is "Catnip"!

Looks fun. Smiley

Here's my entry: https://vidak.itch.io/drooc. It's kinda buggy, though. We made some last minute changes that broke some stuff. I'll probably upload a post-jam version with fixes in the next few days.

BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2020, 09:31:33 AM »

I made https://boristhebrave.itch.io/lucky-fluke.

"trailer" video here: https://twitter.com/boris_brave/status/1282414855836831747

I'm amazed how few posts there are on the jam - how far TIGSource has fallen.
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 02:31:31 AM »

Sad Happy to see two replies at least! And there's no shortage of games in this jam even if not a lot were posted here. Cheesy Looking forward to playing your games!

BorisTheBrave
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 11:58:02 AM »

Top notch presentation Ava. That cat was adorable.

Vidak - I couldn't actuall see how to play your game. There's no link on the itch page, except your post Jam version that i'm not playing.
Vidak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »

Vidak - I couldn't actuall see how to play your game. There's no link on the itch page, except your post Jam version that i'm not playing.

Yeah, I kinda botched the submission. I uploaded a wrong build(it just had a Unity sample scene instead of the actual game scene Smiley). I was doing things last-minute, and I noticed this after the deadline had passed. So, the original game files are hidden for downloads because there's nothing to play there.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new post-jam version with some fixes(https://vidak.itch.io/drooc-post-jam), in case anyone wants to check that out.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 07:01:08 AM »

That's a bummer, Vidak! I'm on Mac so haven't been able to play yours but it looks cool. I love puzzle games and the graphics are really nice. Kiss

Thank you so much, Boris! I've just played yours and left you a proper comment on the page. Loved it. Cheesy

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 12:06:16 PM »

Congrats on getting your game played on Mark's stream, Boris! Coffee

Vidak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2020, 05:24:15 AM »

That's a bummer, Vidak! I'm on Mac so haven't been able to play yours but it looks cool. I love puzzle games and the graphics are really nice. Kiss

Thanks! :D

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2020, 09:55:37 AM »

Played yours as well now, Vidak! Proper comment on the page. Really liked yours too! Coffee

Borza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »

Oh my. Catnip looks so cute! Physic games work SO well with cats, that's a fact.

Here's the updated version of mine! It's about an out of control dinner party Hand Fork Left Outraged Hand Knife Right
https://itsborza.itch.io/get-along
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 02:06:47 AM »

Aww, it's too bad you didn't post it here until just around ratings ended! Was hilarious tho. Cheesy And you submitted it to three jams, wow!

Borza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »

I felt the first version was incomplete, so I waited until I was able to update it for the second jam to share it. I took the GMTK jam as an excuse to make it in just a weekend haha

Thank you for playing! ^_^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic