Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:30:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTourney - The medieval tournament simulator
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Tourney - The medieval tournament simulator  (Read 4111 times)
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2021, 11:12:26 PM »

Thanks for taking a look!  Smiley

I definitely think you are right. I haven't 100% made up my mind if this is the finished logo, but even if not this current one could do with being clearer on the scene behind.
vivaladav
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2021, 06:28:46 PM »

It seems you don't have a Steam page yet, even if you seem to already have a lot of content in your game... is it coming soon?
You inpired me, it's coming... RIGHT NOW   Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Right Toast Left

Well done mate and now I can have a place in your credits! Cheesy

But seriously, the page looks pretty nice. Maybe Alain is right about your logo, but it's not bad at all for now.

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 10:25:09 AM »

It seems you don't have a Steam page yet, even if you seem to already have a lot of content in your game... is it coming soon?
You inpired me, it's coming... RIGHT NOW   Hand Shake Left Hand Shake Right Toast Left

Well done mate and now I can have a place in your credits! Cheesy

But seriously, the page looks pretty nice. Maybe Alain is right about your logo, but it's not bad at all for now.

Haha thanks! I guess I can give you an honourable mention then  Grin
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 11:25:19 PM »

Somehow this project went under my radar up until now.

You have a good game material here, and the execution looks solid. I like the graphical style you're using.

Good luck in your journey!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2021, 11:56:31 PM »

Somehow this project went under my radar up until now.

You have a good game material here, and the execution looks solid. I like the graphical style you're using.

Good luck in your journey!

Thanks!

There are only a few weeks left till the game is released  Crazy It's just gone into closed beta phase of testing too!

At the moment the testers are the amazing kickstarter folk. But! There are a few limited public spots available! If you're interested, you can sign up here. (make sure to tick the "opt in to beta" checkbox)

Since alpha - and the last post here - there have been a good few changes. The main one was obviously finishing the actual main campaign and mechanics! But other than that was an experience system overhaul. Before, players unlocked abilities through completing random & difficult to fathom things (sort of like achievements). I didn't like it, and made things over complicated. Now the way knights get XP & level  up is more familiar - though doing events. It seems to be a bit clearer to people anyway!

A complete UI overhaul has also been done. Some of the graphics had been added years ago and whilst... servicable, certainly had a "dev art" feel to them. I think the newer menus are much nicer. Here you can see that and a level up in action:

I look forward to sharing more updates!

At the moment the focus is very much on testing and trying to clear up any issues that come up. Although it's pretty darn stable right now (touch wood)  Grin
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:57 AM »

Yes! That looks like a piece of a good, clean UI!

Looking forward to playing the beta - I've already opted in!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 02:07:44 AM »

Thanks! Sent  Smiley
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2021, 09:00:59 AM »

Well I’m pleased to announce that the game is finally released on Steam!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. It’s helped me massively & allowed the game to get where it is  Smiley Toast Left

Hope you enjoy!
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »

Congratulations on the release!

Your game looks beautiful but it seems you did little to no marketing on it and you also chose to release it during a major Steam Discount(Halloween) which is kinda suicidal considering a healthy release strategy.

May I ask how many wishlists you had before the release?

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2021, 09:39:52 PM »

Thanks!

Yes you're right there wasn't as much marketing. One of the problems of being a solo dev with 0 budget, I guess! It had about 1k wishlists.

The steam Halloween sale had just ended a couple of days prior to release actually - I did make sure to check that one!
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2021, 03:51:06 AM »

Thanks!

Yes you're right there wasn't as much marketing. One of the problems of being a solo dev with 0 budget, I guess! It had about 1k wishlists.

The steam Halloween sale had just ended a couple of days prior to release actually - I did make sure to check that one!

Making a release just after a discount makes it a high risk of players already spending their money + winter sales are coming soon too.  

As for the money that is not critical, if you have time you can still do a lot of marketing with a 0 budget. Having a marketing campaign on Twitter, email marketing, Discord guerilla marketing, Facebook target audience group marketing campaign, and so on, a lot of possibilities even with 0 budget.
Also, another free MK strategy you can make is having a Demo(free short version) released on itch.io/gamejolt 2 weeks before the full Steam release.
Or even if you don't have either money or time, in that situation you can always look for an indie publisher(although I think this option should only be for the worst-case scenario, personal opinion)

Truly I feel sad because your game actually looks full of potential and you wasted so much hard work on it just to skip the marketing stage.

Good luck in your Journey Tusky, you are a talented game developer, just don't skip Marketing

Gentleman

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 03:57:23 AM by Ramos » Logged

Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2021, 04:14:00 AM »

Don't feel sad!

Thanks for the great feeback   Beer!
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2021, 01:55:11 PM »

Yup, I was also surprised seeing you release it already. I've sent you a bunch of feedback on the game itself via email - I hope it will be worthy for you!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2021, 07:55:16 AM »

Congratulations on the release, Tusky, that is a great achievement!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2021, 07:53:41 PM »

Congratz on the release! Where can I find any gameplay videos on it?
Tusky
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2021, 01:02:51 PM »

Yup, I was also surprised seeing you release it already. I've sent you a bunch of feedback on the game itself via email - I hope it will be worthy for you!

Yeah, got that. Good feedback, thanks again  Smiley

Congratulations on the release, Tusky, that is a great achievement!

Thank you!

Congratz on the release! Where can I find any gameplay videos on it?

Fair few youtubers have done lets plays & reviews you can check out  Blink
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic