Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:17:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting+TheChosen+
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: +TheChosen+  (Read 1678 times)
asd
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »

try my games guys is still in developemtn is a shooter 3d free to download

youtube link: 

download link:  https://kingvii.itch.io/thechosen

try and leave me comment on how to improve the game ty
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 08:35:20 PM »

I watched your video. There are a LOT of shooters out there, so something that might set your apart is an interesting narrative layer. Why are we eliminating all the robots? That's one of the areas where there is a lot of room for good new stuff. Otherwise, games like Gears and Halo, which don't explore too deep of a story, are gonna eat your lunch. Another thing to add is puzzles, ala portal. Anyway give us a hook! Good luck.

asd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »

thanks for your feedback, in fact you are right shooter full of monsters there are plenty of them. think that at the beginning I had filled the rooms with monsters but then I thought, what can I do to get all these monsters killed and why XD

so then I started to do the first level where you have to kill everyone, the second like the first, the third you had to search for a portal and in the fourth find a particular object.

yes, your idea of making a story over it and adding puzzles is very valid, thanks  Gentleman
asd
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 12:34:15 PM »

I added the story to the game

youtube link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17QsmurJ04U&feature=youtu.be

game link:  https://kingvii.itch.io/thechosen
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 07:22:44 AM »

Hi asd,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 07:05:57 AM »

Hi Asd,

Just going through my old log of comments and figured I'd follow up here:

The story you added does improve the game a lot! BUT you could still do a lot more to add context and flavor to the experience. The story you chose "AH THE ROBOTS ATTACKED!" is still sort of the bare minimum story you can come up with. For example, here is a recent take on that narrative which as you can see creates a family to take on the robots:

Just another example: "I have a new weapon for you to test" VS "This weapon was made from the tears of the last human orphan on earth, it shoots green projectiles because the child's favorite color was green" Another example is portal:

In this intro, all the player does is put a cube on a button, but its much more compelling than your demo because there are 2 characters I actually either see or hear, as well as some environment that makes a bit of a mystery: why am I here?

I mean you don't have to make your game as good as portal, I'm just saying that I want to know why I'm killing random robots and why I should care. Is this my last day as the robot caretaker and I'm about to retire? Have I hated robots all my life because robots stopped my art project from going viral? Am  *I* a robot but because I was clonked on the head I now think I'm a human? These ideas can make your project stand out and have a hook, rather than just a technical achievement like playing a scale on a piano.

I hope this helps.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic