Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 22, 2024, 11:57:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesign100 Game Design Tips & Tricks (with examples)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 100 Game Design Tips & Tricks (with examples)  (Read 2805 times)
UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 14, 2020, 09:08:35 PM »

Just a few years ago I was a complete beginner here. I'm honored to share with you everything I've learned over the years, at least when it comes to game design. I take no credit for any of the design tips mentioned in the article. I learned all that from my colleagues, including you, GDC talks, and other developers & games. I try to credit people & provide sources whenever possible (in some cases, I simply couldn't remember or find the source). Hope it helps some of you!

EDIT: I expanded the article into a free e-book. You can still get it, but only via email. I was trying to delete this topic, but it won't let me. If mods could help me with that, that would great.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:29:04 PM by UnfoldGames » Logged

BandyLake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 02:22:07 AM »

How do I get this ebook bec I am already a subscriber of you..

UnfoldGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 08:47:42 AM »

Hey, thanks for asking! I’ll be sending it out later today (for people who subscribed before yesterday). From now on, it’s sent automatically as soon as somebody subscribes. Hope you enjoy your copy when it arrives!

BandyLake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 08:57:13 AM »

Thank you!  Kiss

Lance of Longinus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 04:20:25 AM »

EDIT: I expanded the article into a free e-book. You can still get it, but only via email. I was trying to delete this topic, but it won't let me. If mods could help me with that, that would great.

Why though? I'm aware that it's somewhat unfriendly to complain about things that are free, but why share it only that way?

If it's about getting some sort of compensation for your work, why not sell it normally like your other book,
rather than going for this dubious e-mail addresses collection scheme?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic