Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1380461 Posts in 65824 Topics- by 58218 Members - Latest Member: JaneCollenAnime

August 10, 2020, 07:54:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallStrange Adventures in Infinite Space is back!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Strange Adventures in Infinite Space is back!  (Read 101 times)
DigitalEelRich
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 20, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »

Hey folks. Rich C. from Digital Eel here with some good news!

Released wayyyy back in 2002, Strange Adventures in Infinite Space hasn't been playable (as such) since Windows XP. Now, thanks to the labor-of-love efforts of Aussie Chris Collins, the game runs great on modern Linux, macOS and Windows machines. Hooray!

Check out Strange Adventures in all of its pre-OpenGL, 8-bit, scratchware glory! It was the first space "roguelite" and got some attention in its day, even an IGF award nomination. Didn't win.

Visit the SAIS itch page for more details and history, and the download link. The game and its source code (old and new) are FREE to download and share.
https://rich.itch.io/

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 11:13:36 AM by DigitalEelRich » Logged

This isn't science.  It's more like black magic.
- Victor Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein
Makhor
Level 0

I make videogames, sometimes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:45:19 AM »

I saw this game on the itch.io homepage the other day and I was instantly very intrigued by it! I haven't played it yet, but I'll be sure to download it and get some more of my thoughts in a more elaborate post once I have some time with it. Can you tell me some of the specifics about the different mods?? What do they add to the gameplay exactly? Are they packaged in with the normal game, or do I need to download the mod pack zip file that's in the download section? Anyways, I'm really excited to play it! Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic