Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:00:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)[Tutorial] Borderlands inspired Weapon Generator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Tutorial] Borderlands inspired Weapon Generator  (Read 2160 times)
gamedevluuk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2020, 12:31:04 AM »

Hi all!

I have been making games for over 10 years. Starting out in the modding scene in Unreal 3, I entered the game industry as a game and level designer and worked on games for publishers like Microsoft, EA Games & Warner Bros. I started my own indie game studio and in 2018 my biggest dream became reality; I was invited to the Nintendo HQ to publish my own game on the Nintendo Switch!

Besides releasing a game for Nintendo I have another dream, one where I can share my love and passion for game development through teaching others.

I am very happy to announce my first series:

Borderlands inspired Weapon Generator using Unity

Borderlands is known for their randomised weapons and having a 'gazillion' guns. Do you want your game to have a near endless amount of weapons or just interested in how it works? Let's take a look at how they did it and create a random weapon generator from scratch ourselves in Unity!

Part 1 - Generating the weapon

Part 2 - Statistics, Rarity & UI

Part 3 - Equip, Firing & target health

Part 4 - Drop weapon physics & raycast UI
https://youtu.be/ciTlX7a91zM

Very curious to hear what you think.

Have a beautiful day,
Luuk
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic