Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:48:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingA Zeldalike with a wizard, Mundo the apprentice. [Windows] [Mac]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Zeldalike with a wizard, Mundo the apprentice. [Windows] [Mac]  (Read 464 times)
tlomdev
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2020, 04:27:56 PM »

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a zeldalike that I'm really proud of and I think it'd appeal to some good number of people, just I need to show it to them somehow  Shrug

I'd love some play testers and comments on how to improve the game. Biggest things that stuck to you that you'd keep and you'd like to change.

You can download the game here:

https://tlomdev.itch.io/mundotheapprentice

Don't hesitate to message me on twitter or by mail. Thanks for playing the game.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 06:30:45 AM »

hi tlomdev,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

tlomdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 09:49:20 AM »

Hi, thank you so much for recording it and talking through the gameplay.

Your video seemed bit slow to me so sluggishness might be because of you recording and playing at the same time. It used to do it on my laptop although it's not that bad spec wise it's a bit old laptop and couldn't handle recording well.

This game plays 60fps on 2017 MacBook air so even though it doesn't require that much I didn't trust it would from my own Thinkpads experience but it works on MacBook Air 60 fps so that can't be that bad.

So if you could try it without recording maybe you'll see the slow down issue go. I'm not sure if it's that though.

For your other comments, it is really similar to Zelda but it's really just to show people that I can kinda do the similar stuff, it'll definitely change on the way so nothing is final. But I can see now how it might seem like a thoughtless design copy.

Another thing is spells are more interactive than you tried, you can use your staff on spells for secondary action. But I didn't really say anything because I figured eventually player ought to hit a spell with the staff so it'd be a surprise in a way.

Also there's C button for the amulet item you get in the dungeon, and you also can find a secret sword which definitely won't be that easy to find in the final game. Again most of it is just to show how entire game can work.

Anyways thanks for the video, I really enjoyed so much that someone kinda get the gameplay since people that I showed found it too hard (except for 2) because they're not used to Zelda like gameplay. And thanks for all the positive comments, I hope you get to enjoy it more in the future updates.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic