Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383476 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58569 Members - Latest Member: RunReadySoftware

October 20, 2020, 09:35:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIntravenous - a hardcore stealth/action top-down game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Intravenous - a hardcore stealth/action top-down game  (Read 386 times)
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:30:01 AM »

Hey folks, here to present the first devlog of my new game dubbed 'Intravenous':

Second devlog which shows more of stealth and some new stuff is now up:

A soundtrack sample to get a taste of what the game has music-wise Wink :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpSF1e0sG5k

It's a hardcore stealth/action game, with heavy emphasis on stealth. The stealth gameplay itself is reminiscent of the early Splinter Cell games (it's sort of a love letter to those games), with combat that you'd expect to see in a top-down game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:12:11 PM by bulvinykas » Logged
Schrompf
Level 8

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 11:46:32 PM »

I like the style. But from glancing through the video I haven't seen much of the "Stealth" you claim to put so much emphasis on. Shooting, weapons, nice... ok. But can you silently disable guards? Move their bodies? Peak through windows? Steal keys? Poison coffee? :-)

Go for it! I'll keep an eye on it

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:48:12 PM »

I like the style. But from glancing through the video I haven't seen much of the "Stealth" you claim to put so much emphasis on. Shooting, weapons, nice... ok. But can you silently disable guards? Move their bodies? Peak through windows? Steal keys? Poison coffee? :-)

Go for it! I'll keep an eye on it

Yeah, despite talking about how the emphasis is on stealth I completely forgot to show features that are there to allow for stealth gameplay lol. I'll mention those in a follow-up devlog.
Ramos
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 12:17:56 AM »

Nice work, it got a nice MGS vibe to it.
The only thing I find a bit confusing is the player sight area, it gives the impression that the player produces light visually vise.

Do you plan to make a Steam coming soon page for this project?

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:32:46 AM »

Nice work, it got a nice MGS vibe to it.
The only thing I find a bit confusing is the player sight area, it gives the impression that the player produces light visually vise.

Do you plan to make a Steam coming soon page for this project?

Thanks! You're not the first to note the bright player vision, so I'll most likely tone it down.
As for a Steam page - not yet. As you can see in the video, the majority of actor (player/AI) assets are not yet finished, so having a "coming soon" page with unfinished assets is a bit weird, haha.
With that said, the game is not coming soon. I estimate a release somewhere in the spring of 2021, which isn't exactly anytime soon :D
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »

Hey folks! Back at it again with a new devlog. This time it goes more in-depth regarding stealth, since despite the game being a stealth game first and foremost, I neglected to talk more about what there is that makes stealth gameplay possible. I also briefly discuss some new stuff that I was working on. Take a look! Smiley

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »

Heya! Back at it once more in here with a soundtrack sample for the game.

Check it out here:

It is composed by the very talented Xtrullor, check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/c/xtrullor/videos
In terms of storyline progression, this track set is played at the point when the protagonist has come to terms with what has happened to him, his mind now set on the objective.

I will be uploading a new devlog soon'ish, I want to document more changes before I do!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic