Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:05:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIntravenous - a hardcore stealth/action top-down game
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Intravenous - a hardcore stealth/action top-down game  (Read 5640 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 10:10:50 PM »

That's a lot of progress you made, great job. And all the gadgets sound really fun!

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2021, 12:34:44 AM »

That's a lot of progress you made, great job. And all the gadgets sound really fun!

Thank you very much for the kind words!
liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2021, 02:50:01 AM »

Now I want to play in full stealth mode with only a knif and maybe a tranquilizer, well done mate
Is there a full list of gadget somewhere? maybe I missed it

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2021, 12:01:40 AM »

Now I want to play in full stealth mode with only a knif and maybe a tranquilizer, well done mate
Is there a full list of gadget somewhere? maybe I missed it
Currently the gadgets are: taser, light source disruptor (HSR-EMP), tranquilizer, throwable knife, empty magazines (for throwing and distracting enemies)
The following are what you might not consider to be gadgets: frag grenade, flashbang grenade, proximity mine
liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2021, 07:06:35 AM »

you forgot the cardboard box!

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »

you forgot the cardboard box!

Hey, I draw the line at giving people ammo to call the game a Splinter Cell rip-off, MGS would be one stealth game too many!  Grin
liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »

add a twist!
a lockpick tool (upgradable) to hide in furniture placed here and there and if you upgrade it you can unlock more en more things like vehicle and hatch and stuff

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 02:25:19 AM »

A YouTuber by the name Mitchell Godsend has made a really good overview of the gameplay mechanics based on what he has seen on the demo level, check it out!

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2021, 09:10:42 AM »

Heya folks, back at it again with some more content!
If you were wondering about the game and just wanted to learn more about it, I have some good news for you: Mitchell Godsend, the same person who made the video mentioned in the earlier post, had me for an interview! We talked about all sorts of things related to Intravenous, so if you're interested take the time to give it a watch. Smiley
You can view the full video here:

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 02:41:22 PM »

Intravenous now has bullet ricochet! Aside from looking cool it can also kill you or your enemies, so look out. :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1382814359299194883
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2021, 09:42:26 AM »

Another mini update post for you guys. :D
The game now has 3 ways to deal with locked doors:
1. lockpick the door (quiet, but takes time)
2. shoot the lock out (fast, but obviously loud)
3. NEW - kick the door out - takes 2-3 kicks, with a bias towards 3 kicks, and is obviously loud, but does not require the player to have a weapon

The fourth way is to find a key to the door, but that one is level specific. However, doors requiring a key does not preclude it from being openable using the aforementioned methods. Smiley

Here's a quick video showing all three:

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2021, 11:58:00 PM »

Intravenous now uses HDR rendering for the lighting. Smiley
I added it to fix a certain issue with the lighting, but in doing so it also greatly reduced color banding, and improved the overall look of areas that have a lot of intense light sources in close proximity.
Here's a quick .gif file to showcase the differences (excuse the quality):

Naturally this comes with a performance impact, one that is purely dependent on the GPU, so I added the option to turn HDR lighting off in the options menu, since I'm sure people with low-end machines will play the game.
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2021, 08:25:16 AM »

Through clever asset re-use (from a top-down perspective the art asset differences are minimal, so why draw additional animation sets, when you can just re-use existing animations?) I managed to add 8 more weapons to the game, each with something unique about them. The plan is to have 1 more weapon, totalling at 9, but it's no big deal if I don't manage to reach that goal, since 8 more weapons is more than enough anyway.

You can unlock these weapons by exploring the game levels, finding them, and finishing the level with them in your possession - a reward for exploring the level with practical uses!

As a result, the loadout menu now looks super tempting. :D

bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 11:22:21 AM »

Good news, everyone! Intravenous will be part of the upcoming Digital Dragons event on Steam! You can view the full list of games here: https://digitaldragons.pl/indie-celebration-2021-finalists/

Another piece of good news: the game demo of Intravenous will also be made public on May 13 and May 14, throughout the event's duration.
If you've been itching to try the demo, or have tried it in the past already, then you'll be able to do so! There have been lots of improvements to the game in every single area since it last participated in the Steam game festival. Smiley
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:05 AM »

Digital Dragons 2021 is upon us, and officially starts tomorrow. In preparation for that, the demo version of Intravenous is live now! Go play it here if you've been wanting to give it a shot: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1486630/Intravenous/
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2021, 04:59:08 AM »

Well folks, we're 12 days out until release. Smiley
The game releases on July 26th 2021, so it's pretty much finished. I'm keeping the completion meter at 90% right before we hit release, since I'm still working on the game and fixing various issues that I, and others, end up finding. :D

Speaking of which, here's the release date trailer:

Be sure to wishlist the game on Steam!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 05:04:59 AM by bulvinykas » Logged
bayersglassey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2021, 08:22:41 PM »

Reminds me a bit of hakaiman, but with graphics more like Notrium. :D
And maybe the hardcore feel of Soldat.

Any plans to add multiplayer?
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2021, 02:41:15 AM »

The in-game art is nice but the posture of main character from poster is very unrealistic, it remindes me of those kids who got some replica toys and no ideea on how army is and take selfies with that one toy in weird postures.
By the looks of your game I asume you aim for a realistic aproach not a commedy so you might want to polish that poster(or not). Good luck
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2021, 06:10:16 AM »

Reminds me a bit of hakaiman, but with graphics more like Notrium. :D
And maybe the hardcore feel of Soldat.

Any plans to add multiplayer?

No plans for coop at the moment. Maaaaybe someday in a post-release update, but the game design was built with a single player in mind.
bulvinykas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »

Game is now out! I didn't post anything here yesterday, as I was busy with stabilizing the launch and taking care of the community.  Grin

So far really happy with the launch, if any of you here have picked up the game, I hope you're having a good time with it!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic