Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:09:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSkrupel TNG - a 4X browser game looks for feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Skrupel TNG - a 4X browser game looks for feedback  (Read 794 times)
RobertBleyl
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2020, 04:16:04 AM »

Hi!

My game Skrupel TNG is not that new, it has been out for some time now, but today I brought a new game mode online called Invasion.

But first let me tell you about the game in general: it is a science fiction 4X turn based strategy browser game. You command a civilization that can build space ships and colonize other planets. The focus is multiplayer but you can also add AI opponents instead.

Here is a screenshot of the ingame view:

As I said, it's a browser game, but you won't need any plugins or a good PC for that - only standard web technologies are used Wink There even is a dark mode!

The new game mode is basically a wave defense. There are 3 difficulty levels. I play tested this a lot and initially I had to dial the difficulty way down to get it actually winnable :D Right now I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm obviously not a novice at the game so I should really get some feedback from new players on this.

You can create a quick guest account with this link: https://skrupeltng.de/guest-account/b702b0a8-5815-433b-966b-05d2e1af08e5

It's completely free and even open source, you only need to register for it. New players should first play the tutorial, and then probably go on with the 3 scenarios. This is currently the main path for new players. Any feedback on the "new player experience" is also very much appreciated! It's a complex strategy game so getting everything across efficiently is not easy. There even is a whole infos section with a lot of reading material if you end up getting stuck: https://skrupeltng.de/infos

Summing up the major points where I'd like to get feedback:
1. New user experience: Is the tutorial easy to follow? Do the scenarios teach you enough? Are the scenarios interesting?
2. Invasion game mode: Is the Easy difficulty reasonable? What about Normal?

Thank you for your time! And have fun Wink
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 04:02:59 AM by RobertBleyl » Logged
Teearr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 02:47:04 PM »

I was going to play this game and I clicked on the link but I'm not willing to 'register' or 'create account' to playtest a game.

I'd prefer a browser game that I can instantly jump into (which makes my life easier).
RobertBleyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 09:57:46 PM »

The multiplayer nature of the game makes a registration necessary, unfortunately. Players can make their turn whenever they like, so there might be hours between full rounds of a game. So you will come back again and again to the same match. Making sure every user logs in and sees their progress saved is essential. I can understand that a registration might seem daunting for only a playtest, but it only requires a username, email and password - nothing else Smiley
RobertBleyl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 04:02:23 AM »

I got some more similar feedback about the "registration for play testing" issue, so I decided to put some effort into a guest account system. By clicking the following link you create a guest account that is valid for 2 days:

https://skrupeltng.de/guest-account/b702b0a8-5815-433b-966b-05d2e1af08e5

You can play the tutorial and the scenarios and create own games with AI bots. I also updated my original post to include this link.

Looking forward to your feedback!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic