Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:35:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUniverse Quest - everything about rockets and space exploration
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Universe Quest - everything about rockets and space exploration  (Read 7547 times)
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »

No wonder you go at this year by year then!
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2021, 04:56:24 AM »

Thanks, igualmente para ti! Smiley I guess you meant 2021. Grin Please, no 2020 again. Cheesy

Hahaha, oh yes, you are right, we would not want 2020 to repeat Wink

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »

-= Universe Quest v0.1.6 =-

[web page]

Hi Everyone here (after longer time) !

New version of Universe Quest is uploaded on server.

Not much new there, database with missions and rockets was updated with new entries (up to April, 1962).

I'm planning to refocus again more on my other project, RTG, as context switching between projects cost me more time and my internal 'mana' :D than I anticipated. So my next plan is to update Universe Quest less often with smaller updates (mostly DB updates), with RTG renewed as primary project.

Cheers! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2021, 08:56:06 AM »

Eh, I'm subbed to both devlogs so I win either way  Cheesy
vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »

Thx for your interest! Smiley

Off topic, but no so off... 3 probes are reaching Mars this month, that's big event in space exploration! 'Hope', Mars orbiter of United Arab Emirates is already in Mars orbit (it reached Mars and performed 'breaking' maneuver (to not overshot past Mars with excessive speed) today). 2 other landers with rovers on board (one from China and one from US) will be landing in next days / weeks! Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right Gomez

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2021, 11:52:45 PM »

RTG is such a cool project as well, and it is nice you have the two projects that you can go back and forth between. You should add a terminal to RTG from which the player can access Universe Quest Wink

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2021, 01:30:03 AM »

Ooooh, nice idea!
vdapps
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2021, 09:23:44 AM »

Thx Alain!

Heh, funny is your idea is perfectly realizable. Wink As both RTG and Universe Quest are based on same engine, I should be able to merge whole UQ into RTG. :D

But your idea is really interesting. Maybe not whole UQ, but as easter egg (which player can easily find) it's doable. Few entries from UQ to promote it.

It recalls me being able to play 'Maniac Mansion 1' from newer 'Day of the Tentacle' adventure game. It was also possible to play old game through computer in new game world.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2021, 10:49:08 PM »

It recalls me being able to play 'Maniac Mansion 1' from newer 'Day of the Tentacle' adventure game.

This was exactly what I was thinking, too Smiley

Maybe not whole UQ, but as easter egg (which player can easily find) it's doable. Few entries from UQ to promote it.

You should definitely do that. Shared universe (pun intended) initialized!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic