Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 09:37:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTETRADS.IO - Feedback Welcome & Need Help
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TETRADS.IO - Feedback Welcome & Need Help  (Read 840 times)
postfu
Level 0

@postfu

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:16:28 AM »

So, this game was built in GODOT and based on what I could find, I *think* it might be the first Godot .io web game with ads. (Generally, most HTML5 Godot games are embedded in Itch.io.)

I just launched the other day because I'm limited on the platforms that I can test this on, and I was hoping that some kind individuals could do some playtesting for bugs (and let me know what you think about the gameplay.)

URL:  https://tetrads.io

Obviously, no registration or anything like that required. You can jump right into the game and play. Simple mouse controls.

I was hoping the gameplay was intuitive enough for users to learn themselves how to play, but I just created a quick instructional video on the front page anyways:

CURRENT ISSUES:

• One of the big items that I'm concerned about is the unpredictable resizing. It plays well on many PCs, but there have been instances where the Canvas size is too large inside the web browser, so it creates scrollbars. The default index.html file provided by the Godot export doesn't seem to be sufficient enough for standard HTML5 browsers.
  • But please take a peek at the index.html file if you have any suggestions for proper scaling and resizing that can support most browsers.
  • If you get a large enough mass, you're pretty much unstoppable. I'm working on a mechanic to fix that and help take down juggernauts.
  • Right now, there's an instructional .webm video on the front page, but I think I need to switch that to an animated gif to increase compatibility with browsers. I'm trying to keep all of the server files as small as possible too, to help improve load time.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:40:58 PM by postfu » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 06:19:33 PM »

I visited your website.

I got the error "Failed loading file 'Tetrads.wasm.gz'" and I wasn't able to play
postfu
Level 0

@postfu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 07:09:58 AM »

> I got the error "Failed loading file 'Tetrads.wasm.gz'" and I wasn't able to play

Which web browser were you using by the way?

The servers are under heavy load at the moment, but that's a very unusual message specific to Godot.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic