Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:48:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBury The Dead - A Platform Mystery Demo about getting rid of a body.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bury The Dead - A Platform Mystery Demo about getting rid of a body.  (Read 641 times)
Sazazezer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2020, 02:57:50 PM »

Bury the Dead is a Mystery Platformer that has you cleaning up a mess that somebody made.

This is a ten minute playable demo with its own events and story, built to test the platforming system I've made. This stands as a precursor to the later Mystery Platformer i'm in the process of creating.

Game is essentially a wander around and investigate type game. Find your way around, pick up items, bury a corpse and read journals. Let me know what you think.

Left/Right arrow keys to move
Up arrow to open doors and climb stairs
E to interact
Space to Jump
C for Journals
V for Inventory

Game can be downloaded from itch.io here.
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 06:22:38 AM »

Hi Sazazezer,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts

ATTENTION TIG-SOURCE READER:  This video contains ALL THE SPOILERS!  Don't watch if you're interested in playing

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

I played, and I liked it. Nice mood reminds me of Thimbleweed Park a bit. Good pixel art graphics.
But, there is a lot of space unused. If you want to keep this style I would recommend placing underground some texture, rocks, caves, a skeleton of some kind of dinosaur, pipes... you know. When you traverse from one place to another I think a fog would be a better idea than just a wall. And when you are inside the building some graphics what is outside building also would be good.
Keep up good work  Smiley

Sazazezer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 04:15:38 AM »

Hi Sazazezer,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts

ATTENTION TIG-SOURCE READER:  This video contains ALL THE SPOILERS!  Don't watch if you're interested in playing

Wow. thanks a lot. This is much appreciated. I watched the whole video. it drove me crazy watching you miss the lockbox room  Smiley. I need to make all findable rooms clearer.

Definitely some notes to take on improvements i can make to the whole game (need to work on room transitions and the game walls in particular. I should probably also make the lack of mouse use clearer (since you're not the first person i've seen try to use the mouse to move the journals).

The climbing issue wasn't so much a bug but more for a feature that's to be included in the fuller version of the game.

Sorry about the 'Z to inspect' thing as well. I forgot to change that when i switched up the control scheme (should have been E to inspect).

It's fascinating to see the things you focused on that i didn't give an interact option to. Maybe i should flood the whole place with this sort of interacting.

Also, you might have missed it - https://youtu.be/nMxe-f3Txg0?t=1390
Sazazezer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 04:16:45 AM »

I played, and I liked it. Nice mood reminds me of Thimbleweed Park a bit. Good pixel art graphics.
But, there is a lot of space unused. If you want to keep this style I would recommend placing underground some texture, rocks, caves, a skeleton of some kind of dinosaur, pipes... you know. When you traverse from one place to another I think a fog would be a better idea than just a wall. And when you are inside the building some graphics what is outside building also would be good.
Keep up good work  Smiley

Thanks a lot. Other people have said similar things so i'll work on sorting out all the unused space and transition issues.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic