Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:03:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlease test my "Singular Matter" game (Visual Novel)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Please test my "Singular Matter" game (Visual Novel)  (Read 866 times)
Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2020, 05:02:17 AM »

Dear colleagues,

My name is Mike and I’m the creator and worker of a one-man team called Spikeprojects. I love to create graphics, animations, and of course games.

I'm proud to present almost final version of the project'Singular Matter" (It took about 3,5 years to complete).
This is a short visual novel (takes 1 hour to finish) about the fate of three scientists experiencing very disturbing phenomena after an accident in the Alternative Energy Research Institute. You play as one of them. As the story unravels you dive into the dark recesses of the human psyche, post-apocalyptic world, and the horrible truth about the universe.

I would be very glad if you give me any feedback on any things that should be corrected and modified. English is my second language and it is far from being perfect so If I've made any serious mistakes please let me know.

Singular Matter is a science-fiction visual novel made with Tyranobuilder engine: https://tyranobuilder.com/

During the game, you can see the surroundings through the protagonist’s eyes, who suffers from derealization, which causes the objects you see to be flattened, without depth (this also affected the visual style of the game).

In 1920 Albert Einstein discovered the General Theory of Relativity, which was to be the first step to the theory of everything. After some time of admiration for the simplicity, elegance, and beauty of this theory, dark clouds began to gather. A little later quantum physics was discovered, which absolutely did not match the general theory of relativity.

Around 2040 In Alternative Energy Research Institute was discovered another state of mater called Singular Exotic Matter. This kind of matter was in the stage of testing. From a theoretical point of view, it was a matter that could connect traditional (baryonic) matter to the quantum realm and then create a theory of everything.

Our protagonist along with his friends went to retrieve Singular Matter from the accelerator - it was a simple and routine procedure. Unfortunately, this time several key factors failed at the same time, causing disaster.

Here are some screenshots:

Trailer:

I would be very grateful if you give me any feedback on any things that should be corrected and modified. English is my second language and it is far from being perfect so If I've made any serious mistakes please let me know.

The game is free to download from my google disc drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u5eDLcIf6kyClFUMoWw04ghrfGbZYlWg/view?usp=sharing

Best regards,
Mike
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 04:05:42 AM by Sp1ke » Logged

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 06:19:48 AM »

Hi Sp1ke,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 01:24:22 AM »

Thank you for testing part of the game. I’m glad you liked it and shared with me your opinion. Especially this unfortunate chapter thing. I must correct this. I think the first puzzle might be the hardest part of all puzzles in the game.
It’s true that some runes are very similar to each other.

I know that some parts of the game may be hard to understand because it relates to Einstein’s theory of relativity and quantum mechanics, but it’s crucial to understand the ending. I tried to explain everything as simple as possible. 

Or maybe I should post on my blog solution to the game with a solution to puzzles and translation of some abbreviations? 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 04:24:07 AM by Sp1ke » Logged

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 03:52:17 AM »

So, after about 3,5 years of work I'm finally releasing the project. There are two versions:

Singular Matter Normal - version for those who want to discover the twisted plot and like the challenge of solving puzzles that give them satisfaction.

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SWY_DNPn8bMSlH0275LwNjfqXtAsn8dB/view?usp=sharing

Singular Matter Easy - version for those who want only to discover the twisted plot.

link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T9yOnuFlBWx9taeRPJtMnAOD8Hm42miW/view?usp=sharing

I hope you have fun  Smiley Smiley Smiley

Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 05:04:02 AM »

That was really cool. Very creepy and fascinating. Atmosphere is top notch throughout the whole game   Mock Anger
The main issue I had was that the sounds and musics don't loop properly, and the transitions are hard which was quite a pain for the ears.

Other than that, very good work ! Following you on itch !

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 07:53:34 AM »

Thanks very much for feedback. I'm glad you liked it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic