Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:42:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingIGEO DX | Isometric Sokoban-like Puzzle Game looking for Alpha Testers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: IGEO DX | Isometric Sokoban-like Puzzle Game looking for Alpha Testers  (Read 559 times)
thoughtreactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »

Hello fellow game devs!

I launched my puzzle game, IGEO DX, in Open Alpha last month and am looking for some good critical eyes to take a stab at it for me. I'm looking for mostly feedback on bugs, performance, etc - but general comments and critiques/suggestions are totally acceptable!

IGEO DX is an isometric puzzle game where players must clear levels pushing and combining like-shapes together to eliminate them from the board. It is a fresh take on the classic TI-84 game Pegs, by Detached Solutions.

You can download the free alpha here: https://thoughtreactor.itch.io/igeo-dx

Founder of Thought Reactor

Currently developing IGEO DX a Sokoban-like puzzle game.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 03:34:30 PM »

This looks quite elegant! Will you support Linux? Wink
thoughtreactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »

Hand Point Left@JobLeonard: I don't see why not! I've just never really played with Linux builds, but I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the kind words.

DavidFair1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 09:02:40 AM »

Cool game! Nice aesthetic. One thing, the controls felt backwards to me. My mind kept expecting the cube to go left when I punched forward, so it always felt like the cube was going 90 degrees to the right of the way I wanted it to. (I got used to to after a while though. Still, it could be good to have a mirrored control option). Otherwise, no bugs, and very fun!
thoughtreactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 04:27:51 AM »

@DavidFair1: Thanks for checking it out! You're not the first to mention the controls being confusing - isometric movement can be tricky for the brain. I am adding an "Inverted Movement" option to the upcoming build of the game that will hopefully make things easier.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »

Hi ThoughtReactor,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

thoughtreactor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »

@jbarrios: Thanks so much for the feedback! Loved watching you play, that kind of raw experience really helps me see where the game shines and where it has some sticking points.

I do agree that it might be a bit too simple for PC but I'd like to get it out in the wild there before going for a port to Switch or mobile.

That being said, the game is currently undergoing a level progression system re-design that is a little more open-ended instead of level-to-level. I am also working on a level editor, which should really shine on PC and give those players a little more bang for their buck.

Glad you enjoyed playing and thanks again for your valuable feedback and time.  Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic