Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383476 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58569 Members - Latest Member: RunReadySoftware

October 20, 2020, 09:34:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWolfiecraft - An open world Pixelart RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wolfiecraft - An open world Pixelart RPG  (Read 338 times)
crediblesteve
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2020, 09:02:43 PM »

Here for more bug testers or simply peeps who are willing to give my game a short spin.

This game is a Spell-based RPG with randomly generated maps for you to explore. It uses pixelart and it is made with the Godot engine. There's actually plenty of things to do now, but it may come with plenty of bugs as I've been pushing out content after content. Feel free to try to break the game with the bugs, but please do tell me about it afterwards ...

Currently, you can grind mobs with many supporting spells (with a couple of offensive ones), a normal sword attack, or a throwable weapon (you can use all of these together if you equip to spell slots). There's actually crafting in the game along with house building (which may be the most buggy part and will need lots of testing to find them probably). I would appreciate feedback on the game mechanics like the mobs themselves, or the look of the base, etc. Tell me which mob you hate, or if you found them all easy.

I placed more effort into enhancing the UI and it still ain't the best ... so any suggestions to make it look better is appreciated. There's multiple UI and I'm not sure if it's too much ...

Besides bugs, I want to know how difficult the game is. When I play it myself, I felt it was too easy ... so I kinda up the difficulty a bit (especially for night time and Blood Moon event). So ... uh yea, if you are frustrated from dieing, do let me know. If you felt there's no tension at all, let me know as well. If you ever play long enough for bosses to pop up ... yea you'll probably die?

Then, any other general criticism is welcomed. Compliments are appreciated but not necessary. I prefer to know the bads in the game so I can find time to fix them before I begin adding even more chunks of stuff to the game.

As for the game itself, it's a downloadable .exe file for Windows (you will need the .pck file in same folder as .exe as well). I'm hosting it on itch.io here. You do NOT need an account on itch.io to download my game. My game is free to download (if it prompts you otherwise, it shouldn't ... seriously). Just ignore the prompt for donations and click "no thanks" to head to the download page. Sorry for the limited screenshots on here, but there's plenty over at my itch.io game page.

P.S. If you are here to help find bugs and want to know what features to check bugs for, feel free to check my devlogs on itch.io.

And if you missed the link, it's here: https://crediblesteve.itch.io/wolfiecraft

Thanks to all those who give a go in advance  Gentleman
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 09:34:49 PM by crediblesteve » Logged
jbarrios
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »

Hi crediblesteve,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

crediblesteve
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 02:15:47 PM »

Thank you very much for playtesting my game.  Gentleman

Although the version you played was an older version, I have taken a lot of your comments into account. In the newest update, I had fixed the bug you mentioned where the chunks are not loading so thanks for pointing that out.
Thanks for the suggestion of making the game spell focused, I might head into this direction in the future.

Now for your video itself, I had the laugh of my life. Hahaha. No offense, I was just laughing at how un-intuitive my own game is. I might have to redo the chest in base as it seems that you thought it was a chest for so long when it was the bank ...

Also, I noticed your comment on how you didn't know how strong the mobs are, so I did add a health bar to mobs in the newer version.

Then regarding the late game content, there isn't much right now, but there is some late game stuff to work on (a lot of craftables and items and spells to buy in shop now).

And regarding the crafting menu ... there is one, but it's tied into the inventory. I'm debating whether I should make that a separate menu ... but at least now I know it's hard to find.

But seriously, thanks for giving my game a try. Your video really helped me figure out what I should do to enhance the user experience (as I have been really focused on gameplay content instead of the user).

As for your question whether there are more dangerous mobs ... there is, at night, but it seems my game is still not engaging enough yet for you to play that long. So that's a shortcoming on my part, too.

Thanks again, I will update this post once I enhance the game's user experience.  Gentleman
raleighdill
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 08:15:18 PM »

I tried out the game and thought it was really good.
crediblesteve
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 03:29:35 PM »

Thanks for trying my game and the compliment.  Gentleman Just wondering if there was anything that you found not good as I'm happy with criticism :3
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic