Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:31:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignStarting a weekly newsletter focused on game design and development, would love
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Starting a weekly newsletter focused on game design and development, would love  (Read 2092 times)
JakeBRG
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »

.. would love feedback and criticism if you have any or if you think it's stupid let me know!

I have been doing game development for about 10 years now and before going full time into game development I was an electrical engineer for about 10 years. I made the jump full time to focus on game design and development 3 years ago (so those 10 year timeframes overlapped, but it was a night and weekend thing with a few releases on XBLIG until I could save up enough to go full time), and am trying to contribute to the industry in a meaningful way!

https://www.bigrookgames.com/2020/09/04/your-friday-gamedev-digest-the-power-of-anticipation-in-game-design-using-kleenex-testers/
linebyline
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 06:12:54 AM »

That was an interesting read. I'll go ahead and add your blog to my RSS reader. Looking forward to reading more!

I'm primarily working with C++ and SDL to make 2D games, so the Unity stuff doesn't really apply to me, but as popular as Unity is, there's no question that a lot of people will be able to get use out of it. I'll certainly be glad to have a resource to come back to if I do decide to start using Unity.

In the mean time, there's plenty of stuff that is already useful, or just plain interesting.
sbroome
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »

Good content, I think you'll want to focus a lot on typography and making sure long blocks of text are more readable. For example several sections could have used indentations, bullet points, or bolded text to denote the new section.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic