Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 07:17:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoEdmund [NSFW & FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Edmund [NSFW & FINISHED]  (Read 190685 times)
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

Just want to chime in and say that you did a fabulous job on this.

It takes alot of guts to release a game like this, and i think it does tackle the themes in a very mature way. Loved the graphics as well!

Well done!

ForteDante
Level 0

:D

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »

Games really need to start pushing the boundaries in terms of artistic expression, so I commend you for this. Nobody objects to a movie or a book exploring taboo, so I don't see why games should be the exception merely because of a preconception that it's still just for kids.

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »

I don't see why games should be the exception merely because of a preconception that it's still just for kids.

That games are interactive (so negative actions are often driven by the player) and that their primary purpose is so often to entertain (they are called games after all) are also factors I see... and there are probably more.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2009, 05:31:07 AM »

Music and Movies can be interactive too, Like Rocky Horror or a Bomb the Music Industry! show.

I think its more because the boundaries haven't been pushed.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
FiaStarta
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2009, 06:20:25 AM »

The game has 4 endings for Detroit

does leaving with the cab as either "character" count as 2 endings?
Muzz
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2009, 06:53:43 AM »

entertainment doesnt mean what you think it does sergio,

"Entertainment is an activity designed to give people a diversion. It is usually conducted in one's free time. An audience may participate in the entertainment passively as in watching opera or a movie, or actively as in games.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment

FiaStarta
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2009, 12:33:39 PM »

I'm glad the game is not "lol rape"

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »

Oh wow.. who made that?

EDIT: Okay you got a laugh out of me, but then I felt really bad inside.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:10:03 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

increpare
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2009, 01:40:26 PM »

i got into it, but there was resolution flickering between any change of scenes that was a bit off-putting (that and, alas, the blurriness Sad )
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2009, 01:47:36 PM »

i got into it, but there was resolution flickering between any change of scenes that was a bit off-putting (that and, alas, the blurriness Sad )

Damn blurring?  I thought I fixed that.  I might put up a new build tonight to allow people to play it in a window.

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2009, 05:33:49 PM »

Just in case anybody missed it... this seems somehow appropriate.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
falsion
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

That indiegamer thread was great. I loved the drama and the sheer moral outrage from people not even playing the game. I hope more people post their Adult compo entries on that forum. It's good entertainment. I need to go grab some more popcorn.
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2009, 06:11:08 PM »

I guess I'll post my game up there once I'm done tweaking it some more.  At least then farmergnome won't be alone in taking heat.  Wink

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

It's fucking ridiculous that this game is causing such a storm.

It has its good points. It has its faults. It's quite stylish. The story isn't really very deep at all; it's kind of a cliche. It has rape in it. It is perhaps mildly shocking, but it's not going to give anybody nightmares.

It's an interesting little experiment in form and tone. It's also not that big a deal.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:08 PM »

I reckon hey, everyone needs to chill a bit.

EDIT: I am however, absolutely honored someone made some lol worthy art for it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:05:37 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »

God forbid I ever make that wife beating game.  I think I'd break under the pressure.

You, on the other hand, have been a fine gentleman full of fortitude!  Gentleman

I just hope none of those death threats turn into actual death.  Keep doing your thing man!

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »

I just hope none of those death threats turn into actual death.  Keep doing your thing man!

Yea man I like living.  Dunno about that, got a thing for cars lately, might be my new "thing" till I can figure out something else to do. Anyone into aussie muscle cars?

Lawl didn't think so.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:11:54 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:10 PM »

EDIT: Okay you got a laugh out of me, but then I felt really bad inside.
Same here. Embarrassed

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2009, 07:28:19 PM »

There are plenty of REAL things to feel bad about if you're so inclined; no need to feel guilty about enjoying a harmless joke.

[edit] hmm, maybe reading all those comments are starting to get to me a bit. I just find it depressing that people are so reactionary and hypocritical, that totally innocent people start feeling guilty for no reason.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:32:00 PM by Anthony Flack » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »

First I have to thank the gnome for making this game.
I almost believe the fight club twist ending at first but once I play it a few times I notice some things wrong with that here
spoilers

One was Michael being able to leap over buildings with a single bound and 'the wall' which makes it easier to 'catch' up to Edmund, this was my second try through the game and it made me realize that I can never catch him because he a mutant. Michael must had been in some special mutant group during nam which would explain how both ed and mike can jump 5 times their height, and why ed is the only one with yellow skin. oh, after that removal of disbelief I reach the top window to the hotel(to see if I can skip the hallway shoot the locks off the door to the maybe fire escape scene) only to find out I sent michael into the negative zone and doom to be stuck forever while ed the tele-rapist frame him for rape which was how I ended my 2 playthrough play this game.

the second which I think completely took me for surprise was the for good was the land mine in the 'nam
after trying not to shoot any plants (because having wasted 15 slow minutes not trying to rape a female and shooting a mutant tele-rapist who must had ported the bullet in michael body or go back to raping the same chick and teleported michael off of nowhere better go saint with the rapist night-crawler's backstory). so after walking around thinking it's too easy landmines jump over 5 then only to hit 3 in a row. ed hit 6 land mines on the screen  pretty much after that I can't see how ed would rape anyone having his legs(and junk) blown off in that juggle (highest I got was 7 in a row). Now I did beat that part after 7 tries of playing minesweeper and during the scene at the end I was close to being piss off for having a slow death animation (slow pc) I end up desensitize to the second rape and quickly hitting the fire button. oh and michael firing into the ground thinking that everybody was dead seem to vague to me if I can't see ed dead body on top if the second girl on top of the guy ed kill in a corpse three way. for all I know michael must had seen: a dragon, a smiling bald guy with a red eye in a pope outfit, a scientist, bat, angel, and cupid, corpses all around a Huge ruin island that crash near the area.

third michael looks like an 8bit Sean Connery.

so a story about two characters with a theme of rape turn into a tale about a yellow night-crawler who must had made a vow to rape women after surviving a multi detonation in nam against old war buddy michael 'floor shooter' Connery who could had seen the ending to cave story.

the game pretty much left me wishing that you intentionally made that way so when you make a sequel where michael is on the run for the charges he didn't commit to hunt down the ed the tele-rapist (depending on either ending I think he stole his taxi too).

so that's my experience with edmund:the tele-rapist and I hope you win this compo for it.
oh and I hope this game didn't go through my head did it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic