Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:41:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAdult/Educational CompoEdmund [NSFW & FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Author Topic: Edmund [NSFW & FINISHED]  (Read 190013 times)
squidkid
Level 1

8-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: September 13, 2009, 02:43:26 PM »

That was pretty cool. Other then the weird jumping and the mine part, I liked the game. It took me a minute to get the point of the game but the idea is pretty clever. Also I liked that house you can take a short cut through. As for the graphics, I liked the rain effect and the old film effect a lot and how it worked well with the low res graphics.

Enough talk, have at you!
esc
Level 3

BAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: September 18, 2009, 03:53:12 AM »

Here Anthony Burch from Destructoid talks about your game, and others:

http://www.destructoid.com/rev-rant-rape-suicide-and-indie-games-148797.phtml

deathtotheweird
« Reply #302 on: September 18, 2009, 04:49:47 AM »

Disappointing, I usually enjoy his rants. Again, just like many other people he confused the game's content. He said it was a game about a rape. It's been said so many times that I'm near sick of hearing and/or saying that it is a game about a rapist, not rape. He really misses the point on a lot of things about the game. He keeps comparing the game to Silent Hill 2, which is just puzzling to me.

His review/rant sounds like he didn't even play the game. It's been so over and over again that the game never forces you to rape anyone, which again makes me believe he didn't play it and probably only read about it.

In the review he specifically states that you have to rape the girl to finish the game. Which is of course false.

No longer interested in hearing any of his forthcoming rants. Also getting quite tired of everyone implying or specifically stating that Passage is the holy grail of artgames/emotionalgames/whatever.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 18, 2009, 09:43:13 AM »

well even if one could not rape emily and beat the game the game never tells you that.
so one would just (think crap I can't leave this area unless I rape her just like the video on youtube show me. well that was my first impression being trap in a room and being force to do something for the sake of story) rev never had seen this thread fully nor why would any one with a thread with this many post it's intimidating.
he's right on raping the girl to finish the game nam pretty much gave you no choice on the matter. In some 'I did that on purpose' reason would be eddie the real one was always a horndog. that and solder aka mike must have seen some really sick shat to end up having a killer 7 moment with eddie.

but for a game which trailer only shown the first raping it's hard to reason others that the game isn't totally about rape but a rapist who gets landmines lodged in his banana color guile* ass in nam.

oh it seems most of the comments on the video pretty much shows what's a normal man response to the game if they played before you read or watch the video.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:03:11 AM by Rumrusher » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #304 on: September 18, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

if people can find all these weird exploits and easter eggs (using paint brushes to climb towers in oblivion?!) in other games surely they can make their way back to the cab

yeah i do agree about the vietnam part though. i felt it should you should have had a choice in the matter, aside from exiting the game or getting yourself killed. but that was a design choice Farmergnome made.

Noir noir smiley for a noir-ish game
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2009, 01:39:53 PM »

A slippery slope of self loathing doesn't happen if you don't do anything to loathe yourself.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

Disappointing, I usually enjoy his rants. Again, just like many other people he confused the game's content. He said it was a game about a rape. It's been said so many times that I'm near sick of hearing and/or saying that it is a game about a rapist, not rape. He really misses the point on a lot of things about the game. He keeps comparing the game to Silent Hill 2, which is just puzzling to me.

His review/rant sounds like he didn't even play the game. It's been so over and over again that the game never forces you to rape anyone, which again makes me believe he didn't play it and probably only read about it.

In the review he specifically states that you have to rape the girl to finish the game. Which is of course false.

No longer interested in hearing any of his forthcoming rants. Also getting quite tired of everyone implying or specifically stating that Passage is the holy grail of artgames/emotionalgames/whatever.

Yea im getting realy tired of saying it, its like they can't see the difference, they just see the R word and *flameon*.  Just sick of it realy, time to make another zombie game.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2009, 10:10:41 PM »

if you can be a necromancer in this zombie game then yeah!
 Coffee
/nam\eddie\you got such a/flag\345\/nam\gay fish\excuse me eddie, imma let you finish, but/nam\kanye west\backdoorman had the best in game death by a balding gay man of all time.\/nam\eddie&emily\...\
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:26:11 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Zeke M.
Level 0

hug hug hug

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:00 AM »

Yea im getting realy tired of saying it, its like they can't see the difference, they just see the R word and *flameon*.  Just sick of it realy, time to make another zombie game.

I'm so sorry, but you can't just tell people what it's "about".  Maybe it's about rapists, and not rape.  Or memory, or conscience, or whatever, but the rape scene is the most challenging and engaging part of the game.  You can supply the content and emphasis, as a game designer, but not the meaning.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:49 AM »

Ahh yea, I sure can, its my game.  Just because you get a different meaning out of it doesn't change the way it was intended, Im alowed my opinion on the topic too. Your free to believe whatever you want it to be, but if you ask how it was intended, then you know.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:58:57 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2009, 06:07:34 AM »

that may be true but most won't get that if when they download your game and played it. you might want to stick in a director's commentary to explain what you where getting at for those that were to disgusted by the youtube video showing them they can rape her and yet not explaining that 'up' allows you to enter doors like the cab and still beat the game.
oh well at least a zombie game can't get players morally confused and disgusted by the actions you do.
wait isn't the sparkle vampire who stalks 17 year olds name edmund to?
that would also explain the mikes/ed ability to jump high and ed being dead in nam'
and why there is no one around at night.
the death scene at the end wasn't mike and ed as one but mike breaking his vamp bond with edmund who 'vanish' into the night to lick his wounds.
jkd003
« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »

Great game. The Mirror reflection was a very nice touch.
chobes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »

Just dropping some support for the creator. Glad you're sticking to your guns; games aren't just movies that force you to press buttons, and we need more game designers that realize that.
Harrowing
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 04, 2010, 01:45:27 AM »

Awesome game... gorgeous presentation.. difficult subject to touch on...
well done mate.

Any chance of releasing the source? Smiley

I define myself by how well I hide
Marc Truant
Level 0

Dun dun dunn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »

I'm really late replying to this, and even the forum is warning me that the topic is hella old and I shouldn't be posting in it... But I gotta say something.

Playing the game absolutely disgusted me, and that's why I like it. It makes me think, feel horror, and the little twist at the end profoundly disturbs me. A man facing his inner demon, deciding whether to make the immoral decision or whether to kill that aspect of him altogether...

The sound and sight of the rape horrified me, something I'm sure you aimed to do. Pity some people just see the game as exploitive or "edgy" even. It's more than that.

Played this, The Baron, and I Have Candy Get In the Van all last night. Makes a man think, especially one as young as me. I have plenty of years to do either a lot of good or a lot of bad, to fuck up a lot or make things right. Hm.
wisnoskij
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »

Has anyone been able to figure out how to take screenshots of this game, both normal printscreen and FRAPS and a few other programs all failed to produce any results for me.

Update: FRAPS started working for no apparent reason.
          My Review (http://indie-elitist.blogspot.com/2011/10/edmund.html).

I want to review the game, but would really like to first have something other then the one picture provided to do so with.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:48:23 AM by wisnoskij » Logged
nene
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2013, 01:50:46 PM »

Sorry for reviving old thread, but is it still possible to get this game?  Blink
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic