Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:13:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHANDMADEDEATHENGINE (HANDMADEDEATHLABYRINTH issues 1+)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HANDMADEDEATHENGINE (HANDMADEDEATHLABYRINTH issues 1+)  (Read 3134 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 07:40:33 PM »

Thanks so much and no problem! I'm satisfied and glad I don't have to kill that wizard again. XD

Great game, looking forward to the next issue

<3 Thanks again. Appreciate your comments and enthusiasm very much!

So! A quick update on where things stand w/r/t issue 1 as well as the HMDL series in general:

I'm trying to figure out my finances and investment in the project! I'm doing some freelance design part-time right now, and working on a side project, and doing some extra design consultation for a friend... so, making the call to just put HMDL on freeze while I work on all that (and build up some savings).

The ugly reality! Tongue

Still chomping at the bit to make another entry, and so is John (he hasn't posted yet, but I'll bug him), just have to make sure I don't die in the meantime. Maybe I'll get him to post some design dreams in this thread...

edit:: Oh, also, if anyone here bought the game on Steam and played it and didnt leave a review, I'd love to get to 10 user reviews! Please leave a review! (Like a thumbs up/thumbs down recommendation.) I don't know if that actually does anything but it'll look nicer to have a judgement (mixed/positive) rather than "not enough people reviewed this". It's annoying that itch purchases don't count towards that number. :/

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2021, 08:06:12 AM »

The work begins once more!

In issue 0, everything was displayed on the same pixel scale. That's what I wanted, but i found it really made the text hard/unpleasant to read for some people. Even me sometimes, when it was full-screen. Lots more work has been done, but it is all very boring cleanup and structure work with nothing much to show, building the foundations for being able to save-state the world, and so on.

But look! Small text on large pixels! I think it looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 08:15:15 AM by droqen » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic