Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:43:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCheck out my new little game, Spear of Despair!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Check out my new little game, Spear of Despair!  (Read 580 times)
DoctorHummer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2020, 01:36:15 AM »

Today i want to show you the demo of my new game, Spear of Despair, a story-driven action platformer about self-obsessed knight named Velvet. Just a cute silly game without any pretentious, shocking and gamebreaking twists at all.

This is a first game (or a demo, in this case) that i've actually released in playable condition, and i'm very excited for new experience. That's why i'm very interested to hear your opinion and criticism.

Here's the game: https://doctorhummer.itch.io/spear-of-despair Blink

Thanks for your attention!

Tobius the Grand
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:55:04 PM »

Just tried the game! Not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for so you get my list of thoughts!

• I really enjoyed the music, I could jam out to that for an entire game easy.
  • Art was clean an appealing, though not especially "unique-looking" I really liked the spade theme and thought that was different.
  • In the final boss fight you can just stand on the edges to dodge the attacks without moving.
  • I don't play a lot of these types of games but I expected the spear to hit things behind me based on the animation.
  • Not sure if this is the tone you're going to keep for the full game, but the writing was jaunty and funny. I appreciated it for the demo but I worry it might get a little old by the end of the game without some changes in tone for contrast here and there. The end monologue was a good example of a change in tone so as long as the game continues to have those more "real" moments I think I'd continue to enjoy the writing.
  • The stick enemies were a little hard to see, just because they're skinny and sort of dark brown they blend in a little sometimes.
  • The animations were smooth and visually interesting.

If there are more specific things you're looking for feedback on let me know and I'll run through it again!

Try My Prototype - Merchant of Windvale

Fantasy shop sim rpg with social links, many activities
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 01:23:29 PM »

Hi DoctorHummer,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

DoctorHummer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »

Just tried the game! Not sure what sort of feedback you're looking for so you get my list of thoughts!

• I really enjoyed the music, I could jam out to that for an entire game easy.
  • Art was clean an appealing, though not especially "unique-looking" I really liked the spade theme and thought that was different.
  • In the final boss fight you can just stand on the edges to dodge the attacks without moving.
  • I don't play a lot of these types of games but I expected the spear to hit things behind me based on the animation.
  • Not sure if this is the tone you're going to keep for the full game, but the writing was jaunty and funny. I appreciated it for the demo but I worry it might get a little old by the end of the game without some changes in tone for contrast here and there. The end monologue was a good example of a change in tone so as long as the game continues to have those more "real" moments I think I'd continue to enjoy the writing.
  • The stick enemies were a little hard to see, just because they're skinny and sort of dark brown they blend in a little sometimes.
  • The animations were smooth and visually interesting.

If there are more specific things you're looking for feedback on let me know and I'll run through it again!

Thanks for feedback! Glad you're like it.
The demo will be updated soon, with some gameplay and balance changes, and some restored cut content.
beeguy1
Level 0

wats poppinnngggg

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 05:56:07 AM »

I tried out the game and thought it was really good. I love all the animations, they're all so smooth and full of life. The controls felt really tight and the game was overall fun to control. The only gripe I have is that I feel like the hit detection on the spear is a little off. Like sometimes it looked like I had hit something but didn't. That's my only problem though. Really good job.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic