Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1387123 Posts in 66517 Topics- by 59070 Members - Latest Member: Xin Music

January 20, 2021, 10:34:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBloodlust 2 - Vampire RPG
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Bloodlust 2 - Vampire RPG  (Read 1743 times)
andyfromiowa
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »

I like this a lot! The combination of pixel art, animation and small touches like animated text really come together for a polished presentation. Keep up the good work!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

EmanuelMontero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2021, 11:23:16 AM »

@Ramos: You're totally right! Good decision-making is the meat of a good RPG so I'll try my best in this aspect in the following updates.

@andyfromiowa: Thanks! I'm so glad you like the prototype so far. More to come soon! Grin
Beastboy
Level 1

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2021, 04:54:27 AM »

@Beastboy: Yeah, you're totally right! Lots of characters to animate and I'm not the best animator ever but I'll definitely try to animate them all.

I dunno how good animator you are but what you got so far is very fluid and nice to look at
EmanuelMontero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2021, 10:04:24 AM »

Here's the first iteration of the quest prototype. It's not a fully featured quest, just a small simple conflict, but it may illustrate the degree of player agency I'm aiming for. First, let's see the design specification with all possible solutions to the conflict:

Alpha and his punk gang are blocking the entrance to the beach. They demand you to pay a $200 toll to access the beach.
         + Pay $200. Alpha lets you pass
         + Fight Alpha and the punk gang
         + Talk to Alpha
            - [Intimidation 3] Threat Alpha to let you pass
            - [Persuasion 2] Convince Alpha about the lack of regulation of his toll
            - [Seduction 3] Flirt with Alpha. Go to a darker spot, bite Alpha.
            - [Lie 1] Convince Alpha that you have a safe-conduct. Alpha asks from who is the safe-conduct:
               - [Lie 1] The major of Los Angeles
               - [Lie 2] Sebastien De la Croix
               - [Lie 3] The President himself
               - [Lie 4 or Lunatic] Captain America
               - Accept you don't have a safe-conduct.
            - [Barter 1] Convince Alpha to reduce the toll.
               - [Barter 1] Reduce the toll to $175
               - [Barter 2] Reduce the toll to $150
               - [Barter 3] Reduce the toll to $100
               - [Barter 4] Reduce the toll to $50
               - [Barter 5] Reduce the toll to $1. A symbolic price is more than enough.

All dialog choices are based on deterministic skill-checks (no random dice rolls involved). Same as in Fallout: New Vegas, if you have enough skill level you can choose the dialog option to resolve the conflict using the skill. I've recorded two GIFs with different characters: The first character, Ash, has Intimidation 4 and Lie 3 so she can threat Alpha and lie about the safe-conduct for the toll. The second character, Chloe, has Seduction 3 and Persuasion 3 so she can resolve the conflict with different skills.

Still there's a lot of work to do with quests. I have to integrate combat with the quests so you can fight your way out of conflicts. Also I have to add a different route for stealth in each level so you can avoid combat using sneaking, lockpicking and hacking. And drinking blood, which is a pivotal aspect of the game and can be used on almost any NPC of the game. Lastly, it would be nice to have the character sheet fully funcional so I can show the character stats more easily. For now, I only have a quick mockup of the character sheet.

Hopefully, I'll add some of these features in the second iteration of the quest prototype.
Beastboy
Level 1

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 08:04:58 AM »

Love it
EmanuelMontero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2021, 09:02:27 AM »

@Beastboy: Thank you! More quests are coming soon Grin
ChrisK7777
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2021, 04:26:03 PM »

This is looking really fantastic. Getting slight Maniac Mansion vibes (which is a great thing)
EmanuelMontero
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:40:21 AM »

Thanks a lot for your comment! I'm a great fan of Maniac Mansion so I'm really proud the influence is showing Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic