Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:19:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBloodlust 2 - Vampire RPG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Bloodlust 2 - Vampire RPG  (Read 15822 times)
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »

I love the fact that each one got his own animation.

How will weapons ballance work? Weakest to best or each weapon will have difrent effects?
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2021, 09:25:18 AM »

The weapon balance is still very preliminar but for now each weapon has different stats: hit chance, critical chance, damage, ammo type, amo capacity, price, etc. They're already ranked from weakest to strongest (a knife is weaker than a katana). In order to spice things up I've added an extra column in the weapon database for additional "effects" such as stat modifiers. In all honesty, I haven't used it yet but the column is there to allow some epic loot with crazy modifiers in future iterations.  Hand Thumbs Up LeftWell, hello there!
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 08:29:29 AM »

This week I've been working on the story backend. I've added a localization layer to the story so I can add dialogues and choices without maintaining two separate story structures (yay!). Also, I've added the character selection screen, where you can choose which of the 7 playable characters you want to play. For now, each vampire only has a bit of a flavour text and a big portrait to guide this decision. In future iterations I'll add to the full character creation with backstory, initial inventory items and the initial stat point allocation in the character sheet. More to come soon!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 10:50:31 AM »

I like it very much, the design of selection screen is so clean and that spark effect makes it look so polishd. Good job
liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2021, 12:37:40 PM »

I love the style, super clean, but the layout seems a bit odd. I think it would be a little bit better if the characters were moved a little bit to the right and maybe a bit down, I dont know, maybe I'm wrong.

EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2021, 07:41:07 AM »

@Beastboy: Thanks! I'm so glad you like the particle effects!

@liva: Good point! I wasn't too sure about the layout myself so I'll try different variations. Thanks a lot for your feedback!
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2021, 07:32:01 AM »

This week I've focused on a couple of small improvements to the overall game flow. First, I've added the main menu. It's just a black screen with the game logo and some particles, but it serves as a nice starting point for the game. Also, I've reworked the layout of the character selection screen to avoid the overlapping of the vampire portraits and the platform in the background.

Right after you choose one of the seven vampires in the character selection screen, you can allocate the initial points in the character creation screen. Each character has different initial stats so even in the small demo there will be some degree of replayability involved. Most of the stats in the character sheet are pretty standard in RPGs and self-explanatory (such as Strength or Dexterity) but there's a couple of not-so-obvious stats and implications. For instance, Perception determines which hidden objects you can detect in the game. See that small rathole in wall? Well, you can see it but your vampire can't loot it if you don't have enough Perception points. The same goes for clever dialog choices and Intelligence. Just like in the original Fallout and Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, the character sheet is vital to what your character can do in the game, which hopefully encourages toying with the stats and replaying the game with different characters. For now, I've added tooltips to explain each of the different attributes and skills in order to make things clear from the beginning.

Here's a small GIF to show the starting game flow. It's still lacking a proper cutscene for the introduction thou. More to come soon!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2021, 12:54:06 AM »

Very good update

That button rollover from main menu is a nice adition. As an optional suggestion maybe you can add a lightning effect in main menu.
How far are you in development? Topic say 10% but judging by the content it seems you passed 30-40%
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2021, 08:19:18 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try some lightning effects for the main menu.

And you're totally right about the game progress. I forgot to update the thread topic. The overall game progress is probably around 30% (still a lot of content to add!). This is my content to-do list for the first playable demo vs the overall game. The green part is already done: all animations, combats, weapons and portraits. I'm working on the orange part: quests, items, dialogue and scenarios. And the red part I hope I can squeeze some time, but who knows. In general, the demo covers around 40% of the full game so I'm getting really close to that first milestone. Of course, after the demo all numbers will change again based on player feedback and bugfixes but hopefully this gives a clear vision of the current state of the game. Grin

o Prototype
|| + Player animations: 7/7
|| + NPC animations: 20/50
|| + Combat encounters: 4/10
|| + Weapons: 26/26
|| + Player portraits: 7/7
|| + NPC portraits: 20/50

||  ~ Scenarios: ~10/40
||  ~ Items: 40/100+
||  ~ NPC dialogue: 20/50
||  ~ Quests: 4/20

||  - Cut-scenes: 1/2
o First demo!
kevin andersson
Level 1

Producer/ Designer by day and Programmer by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2021, 12:39:42 AM »

The game looks cool Smiley Menu seems smooth as well. Keep up the good work!

liva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2021, 05:19:36 AM »

very nice update, well done mate

EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »

Thanks a lot! I'll try to keep up in the following updates Grin
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2021, 04:53:01 PM »

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll try some lightning effects for the main menu.

And you're totally right about the game progress. I forgot to update the thread topic. The overall game progress is probably around 30% (still a lot of content to add!). This is my content to-do list for the first playable demo vs the overall game. The green part is already done: all animations, combats, weapons and portraits. I'm working on the orange part: quests, items, dialogue and scenarios. And the red part I hope I can squeeze some time, but who knows. In general, the demo covers around 40% of the full game so I'm getting really close to that first milestone. Of course, after the demo all numbers will change again based on player feedback and bugfixes but hopefully this gives a clear vision of the current state of the game. Grin

o Prototype
|| + Player animations: 7/7
|| + NPC animations: 20/50
|| + Combat encounters: 4/10
|| + Weapons: 26/26
|| + Player portraits: 7/7
|| + NPC portraits: 20/50

||  ~ Scenarios: ~10/40
||  ~ Items: 40/100+
||  ~ NPC dialogue: 20/50
||  ~ Quests: 4/20

||  - Cut-scenes: 1/2
o First demo!

You seem to be very organized, I am certain this game will be very good.
How about ballance? Will you use testers or ballance it yourself?
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2021, 01:35:16 AM »

Good point. I haven't talked about balancing and playtesting but of course it takes a lot of time to fine-tune an RPG. I'll try to balance the game myself for the first demo since the game is not fully playable yet. The real testing starts with the first demo, all feedback and bug-reports will be addressed in future updates (slowly but surely).

This week I've added a book screen to read multi-paged books. It's a very useful device to convey exposition in the form of diaries, magazines, manuals, etc. The text on the GIF is just a template.

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2021, 10:24:23 AM »

Good design, even the interface seems to be spot on with game theme
EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2021, 10:59:32 AM »

Thanks! I'm glad you like it, I wasn't too sure. Gentleman
negator2vc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2021, 12:18:39 PM »

nice!
I really like diaries, magazines, manuals, etc in games
since they allow for the player to find more about game world on his own.

EmanuelMontero
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2021, 10:20:29 AM »

This week I've added lockpicking to the game. In order to open locked containers you need to pass a Lockpicking skill-check. If you don't have enough skill points, you just can't open the container (unless you equip a lockpick or a screwdriver in one of your hands, which grants a bonus to Lockpicking). As you can see in the GIF, I've also added a locker and some dust particles to the basement. More to come soon!

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2021, 10:21:46 AM »

This kind of mechanics is what attention to detail means. Good job
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2021, 11:23:20 PM »

The animation is great, quite Nosferatu-style Wink But I guess the character is disappointed by finding a cake and not a bag of blood or at least a rat.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic