Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 04:32:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2629646 times)
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9080 on: August 18, 2016, 05:05:07 AM »

Impressive! I really like the feel of it.

Meanwhile, making a rough mockup of space travel map for a potential project.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
[friends]Ro$$
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:58 PM »

Meanwhile, making a rough mockup of space travel map for a potential project.

This looks sick! What kind of game would this be? I'm feeling some FTL
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: August 20, 2016, 01:47:04 AM »

@Ahr Ech
Very interesting. I could see a very unique-looking game come out of this style. The parallel projection is a bit strange, though. Any way you could add foreshortening with this technique?
If there are any ways to do that kind of foreshortening in Construct 2 I've never heard of them. But I've got it running around now and the weirdness is way less apparent when it isn't just rotating forever.

Your game looks cool, btw! I don't think I've seen a sidescrolling Roguelike that stuck with a turn based system before.
that looks inspirationally sick my man
skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9083 on: August 20, 2016, 02:01:32 AM »

This looks sick! What kind of game would this be? I'm feeling some FTL

Not quite, it's an arcade fast paced top down action adventure game. A fast Link to the past with machine guns. This mockup is the space travel screen.

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
cykboy
Level 2

ye

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: August 20, 2016, 05:54:04 AM »

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9085 on: August 24, 2016, 05:08:37 AM »

New location for Pocket Kingdom.

math crab
Level 0

math crab

View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: August 25, 2016, 02:15:31 PM »

WIP tileset for a puzzle platformer
lobstersteve
« Reply #9087 on: August 25, 2016, 10:50:58 PM »

@mathcrab: very pretty colours Smiley
meheleventyone
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:10 AM »

Mock up of a new sideproject I'm working on called What Now Earthman?. It's a turn-based adventure-em-up.

AmauryH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9089 on: September 04, 2016, 11:09:45 AM »

New location for Pocket Kingdom.

I love the atmosphere ! Incredible  Shocked

A mockup for an action-rpg I'm working on :

Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9090 on: September 05, 2016, 07:24:34 AM »

Two games that I literally dreamed up, as in I had dreams where I was playing these games. Forgive the slightly dodgy perspective on bottom left, putting visuals from dreams onto paper is a difficult task especially right after waking up.

In the top one you play as some kid with a sword, very Zelda like. In the dream the character was on an island that was somewhat Yoshi shaped, I think this influence probably came from the Yoshi track in Mario Kart Double Dash. The character started in the bottom left, a lizard creature was walking down the gap on the right. With a slash of the sword the lizard rolled up and barreled through the grass (probably yuka-laylee inspired), cutting down the grass as it rolled over and leaving shiny collectables bouncing around. At the end you stab the "Yoshi eye" and a geyser shoots you into the clouds.

The second dream game which was from this morning was a kind of Castlevania/Dark Souls hybrid, which is odd because I haven't played dark souls for over a year and have only ever played a little of the original Castlevania. There was one disjointed "scene" with a giant standing in a dark corridor like the ones from Hyper Light Drifter or Nausicaa (youtu.be/GRLO-w3nX-4). And in front of a giant cathedral fighting skeletons and a black knight. The interesting part was the weapon system, there was a charge meter that depending on the weapon could be multi-stage, you build up a charge and release for a more powerful attack. The attacking was odd, it was based on the physical hand position not any specific attack, I guess it would be like if you were using vive controllers (janky sword slashing and flailing). At one point I was just dangling the flail over fences and stuff to kill enemies. The flail had weird charge mechanics where charging would lock it in position and then you can drag the handle and release the charge to sling it like an elastic band. There was also some odd platforming stuff that I couldn't quite grasp and is lost to my dreams forever.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 07:35:16 AM by Lee » Logged
tylerfunk
Level 0

I make games for fun and games

View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: September 06, 2016, 08:50:33 PM »

Going for Makoto Shinkai vibe eventually. It's going to be an RPG with hand drawn vistas and then sprite characters and buildings. So tilesets except for certain points in the game.

MEAD✿W LARK - Metal Deity - That Sea of Neon - Breakvania
tumbleofmumbles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: September 12, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »

Experimenting with some coloring techniques in Aseprite.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9093 on: September 12, 2016, 07:59:18 PM »

Wow, that's really cool. Quite the different style.

aamatniekss
Level 4

hiya

View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: September 13, 2016, 04:39:05 AM »

Got an idea for a cool 'Gladiator Manager' game, so made a fairly quick mock-up, how a scene from it could look.

zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: September 13, 2016, 11:56:19 AM »

Considering making a Dark Souls meets Hitman GO with procedural dungeons for mobile. I guess turn-based Dark Souls would be lame though. Plus being mobile I probably wouldn't have side/loot rooms like The Binding of Isaac.

Stop considering and just go for it man. Heck, do you need help?
zombieonion
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: September 15, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »

Was thinking of practicing C#/Unity by writing a simple shooter game for my phone. So I painted a mock-up.
Tselmek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9097 on: October 01, 2016, 12:26:38 PM »

Since I won't be able to enter this edition of gbjam, I thought it would be cool to at least have some mockup going so here goes nothing.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9098 on: October 02, 2016, 07:02:48 AM »

i started on a mockup for gbjam, too - but i do not have a programmer, so it will probably stay a mockup

Tselmek
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9099 on: October 03, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »

A titlescreen folow-up to my last mockup (2 posts above)

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic