Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:37:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 466
Print
Author Topic: Mockups, or the "Please say this is going to be a game" thread  (Read 2632626 times)
lowinzloGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9200 on: September 12, 2017, 09:12:04 PM »

Mockup of a monster taming with some light survival elements, based on the monsters I created when I was 11 watching pokémon! And a bit on Survival Kids.

Your color palette is beautiful, I love the purple
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9201 on: September 14, 2017, 05:59:31 AM »

Kicking around the idea of doing a LowD remake of Megaman 1, basically keeping the same resolution and graphic styles, but with way more detailed animations, parallax backgroounds, some faux lighting etc.
lowinzloGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: September 14, 2017, 01:24:30 PM »

Kicking around the idea of doing a LowD remake of Megaman 1, basically keeping the same resolution and graphic styles, but with way more detailed animations, parallax backgroounds, some faux lighting etc.

This looks really interesting. Are you going to try to mirror the ux, game physics, controls, etc as best as you can to orginal or will you add some embellishments there as well?
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9203 on: September 14, 2017, 04:52:13 PM »

That's something I've been tossing up in my head, I'd want to keep the game physics/controls and just general feel of it as close to possible as MM1, but that's a game I replay like, once a year so there's a tonne of shit that just bugs me about it. One change I'd deffintly be making is to the big eyes.
They have two kinds of jumps, a big jump and a little jump and you need to run under there big jump, but there's no way to tell wich kinda jump they're about to do so it's basically impossible to get past em without taking a hit. I'd defintly fix that. But other stuff I've been thinking of like, if you redo a level having all the enemies replaced with harmless worker robots, or turning the score system into a currency so you can buy moves from later games like the slide and charge shot and e tanks, or warning the player not to do wileys castle before you get the magnet beam (A  hidden item in Elecmans stage that it's literally impossible to complete the game without)  are ideas I've had but I'm not decided weather I want to actually do them. Or stick truer to the original game.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9204 on: September 14, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »

that looks like megaman, but with vaporwave background?
lowinzloGame
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: September 15, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »

They have two kinds of jumps, a big jump and a little jump and you need to run under there big jump, but there's no way to tell wich kinda jump they're about to do so it's basically impossible to get past em without taking a hit. I'd defintly fix that.

I guess if you are already changing animations it wouldn't hurt to add such details and I don't think a change like that would impact the game too much.
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9206 on: September 17, 2017, 05:23:33 PM »

Yeah I figure just having them crouch down lower before the big jumps would make dealing with them so much less infuriating and is a pretty minor change.
TheClintHennesy
Level 0

Artist working on Twinkle Torch!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9207 on: October 17, 2017, 10:42:15 AM »

Hey Guys. I saw this thread and want to bring up some stuff that I came up years back:

Note: THIS WAS BEFORE I BECAME A PRODUCER AND WAS AN ARTIST WITH NO IDEA ABOUT SCOPE MANAGEMENT.

About CLOT: I wanted to create a game that was solely focused on the power fantasy of being a Hemomancer- a guy who could control the blood of other living beings. This would probably be like a AAA or near AAA budget because of the technical difficulties and amount of animation it would need to pull the game off. I would imagine a lot of targeting on the person's limbs and pulling and holding the mouse on different parts of their body.

I didn't really think too much when it came to game design- but other ideas were timing punches and dragging (their hands) to different direction to sort of direct their punch to other people. Same goes with enemies with guns- where you would push and pull their body parts and so on.

I think this IP was one of my favorite IPs to work on as an artist- and I really liked everything about it. xD

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: October 17, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »

There is comics about driving game I can't find back, it's 3 panels:
1. noob: driving on in a straight line across the wild ignoring the road curve
2. pro: Follow the road curve
3. expert: driving on in a straight line across the wild ignoring the road curve (same image as 1)

That's how scope management felt to me as I realized in 2. the insane man hours (CUT!! SIMPLE! HELP!), but then I learn to love the bomb.

blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »

Could i get you guys to make sure you have your twitter handles in you footer so i could bathe in your reflected glory more often?
thanks

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
absolute8
Level 5

WTF, some aggressive nerd... (•̀ω•́)و ̑̑

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9210 on: October 17, 2017, 05:39:21 PM »

Chatroom mockup

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9211 on: October 17, 2017, 11:24:45 PM »

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: October 18, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »

Character Information Area

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:11:11 AM by Oekaki-Sama » Logged

Devlog<br /><br />[/
hmental
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: October 22, 2017, 01:58:04 PM »

Psycho Living Kite and SadBoy

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9214 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:15 PM »

Whoa. That's a very striking style.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9215 on: November 06, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »

A couple old mockups

M0ssw0rm
Level 0

Hey dudes what up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9216 on: November 06, 2017, 07:58:42 PM »

Are those earwigs? I hope so. I like the book spines.

worm
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9217 on: December 12, 2017, 12:08:38 AM »

Yes they are, and thanks!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:51:32 PM by SolS » Logged

cgmonkey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: December 16, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »

I hope these mockups inspire you as much as the mockups in this thread have inspired me! Thank you all for sharing!

Embla's Odyssey - Deck Building Tactics game (this might still happen).

241 (two-for-one) - A cooperation platformer

Aldergrlimt - An adventure action game deep in the nordic woods

Run and Gun sidescroller for mobile!

The term "Cave Shooter" taken literally.

Poison Ive - One of the mockups that actually turned into an iOS puzzle game!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:09:20 AM by cgmonkey » Logged
TitoOliveira
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9219 on: December 16, 2017, 10:47:31 AM »

I hope these mockups inspire you as much as the mockups in this thread have inspired me! Thank you all for sharing!

Man, those mockups are pretty good, but the website you signed them with is not working.

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 466
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic