Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383475 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58569 Members - Latest Member: RunReadySoftware

October 20, 2020, 09:03:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCreatures Of Energy - An abstract strategy game where you create your pieces
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Creatures Of Energy - An abstract strategy game where you create your pieces  (Read 213 times)
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2020, 10:51:27 AM »

Creatures Of Energy is and abstract strategy game where your moves create the creatures you play with.
You can grow and multiply your creatures and use them to attack the opponent.

Link: https://wormius51.itch.io/creatures-of-energy

I am not going to explain in detail here how to do that exactly becuase,
I want you to try out the tutorial (which the game takes you to automatically)
and tell me what you got out of it.

Ah, yea, and the game has multiplayer. It works on the web version but has some issues sometimes.
So, if you want to play with your friends, I recommend you download the game.

Thank you very much.
GBudee
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 11:17:03 AM »

Hi! Interesting concept, reminds me of John Conway. My feedback is:

1. Tutorial moves too slow/isn't clear about what each segment is supposed to teach. I felt like I was repeating the same simple puzzle over and over, and I still wasn't ready when I tried to vs the ai.
2. The "Levels" section seems well paced -- maybe you could put the tutorial information there?
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 11:59:20 AM »

Thank for  trying it out and feedback GBudee.
It's a little supprising that you say the levels are well paced, I saw people get stuck on the first one.
Just one thing I wonder. When you played vs the ai, did you get how to grow and multiply your creatures?
marcgfx
Level 6

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 06:09:12 AM »

I managed the tutorial I think. Up until there were opposing moving pieces. I did not understand what I was doing. Not sure how the connections rotate, or when they connect. But I wasn't going to spend ages trying to find out.

@falkenbrew
wormius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 06:28:10 AM »

Hey marcgfx, thanks for your feedback.

When you say "Up until there were opposing moving pieces", do you mean puzzles where you have limited moves to win?
Do you mean maybe pieces that are pink/purple because both players can control them?
Or maybe you mean that you finished the whole tutorial and played vs the AI (It plays a move after you play your move)?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic