Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383479 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58570 Members - Latest Member: omewwes

October 20, 2020, 10:06:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingColony Antares - A 4X-themed card game about building a colony
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Colony Antares - A 4X-themed card game about building a colony  (Read 96 times)
Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2020, 07:51:02 PM »

Hi all,

I've been working on Colony Antares for a while over in the DevLog and now I have an Alpha build ready for playtest, I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Colony Antares is a survival themed 4X-lite card game about a group of people who crash-land on an alien world and then have to build a colony in order to survive. There's a catch however: the planet is psychically alive and doesn't like you being there, it sends animals to attack you, and the more invasive you become, the more it tries to destroy you.

Here's a gif showing some basic gameplay

I wanted the game to capture the themes of 4X games, so the focus is on resource management, expanding your colony, and researching new technologies. The cards represent the different buildings, locations, technologies, and even the colonists.

Here's a colony later in development:

This is the combat screen. The colony will come under attack by the wildlife and you need to use your colonists to protect the buildings. Various structures like wall and gun turrets can assist with this.

The alpha build contains a complete polished scenario that should take about 40 minutes to complete (or sooner if you fail early). In the final game I intend to have multiple scenarios, totaling at least 4 hours of gameplay, with optional modifiers you can unlock and apply to change things up and add replayability.

It's a windows build, the download is about 130mb. You shouldn't need a particularly powerful PC to play.

Here's a link to the playtest, please tell me what you think, any feedback is appreciated.
https://forms.gle/3SBsD3SWfEQUMHVi6
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:00:43 PM by Mloren » Logged

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 08:02:16 PM »

Oops, in case anyone got in really quick before I noticed my mistake: the survey asks for your name, you can disregard that.
I was using the survey to test with friends I know in RL. I don't expect people on a forum to give their name :p I've updated the link to a new survey with more appropriate questions.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic