Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1388766 Posts in 66639 Topics- by 59315 Members - Latest Member: VisionaryGames

March 06, 2021, 03:35:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignDesigning a Weather System in Simulation Games to create City-Specific Weather
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Designing a Weather System in Simulation Games to create City-Specific Weather  (Read 160 times)
Visionaries
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2020, 05:44:02 AM »

So my team and I recently implemented what we think is a unique weather system in our upcoming business simulation game called Business Heroes: Food Truck Simulation, and I decided to share it to get some feedback.

It's an outdoor business game that will include several major cities worldwide where players will attempt to grow their business enterprise. We had to design a weather system that accurately simulates each city's weather because this simulation will significantly impact player experience and game difficulty depending on the city they chose to run their business in.

The screenshot above shows the difficulty progression based on the weather conditions of the city you choose to start your business in, specifically, Ottawa in Canada (hard).

You can discover how we did it on Reddit. I posted the full details there: https://www.reddit.com/r/tycoon/comments/j1laba/how_we_designed_the_weather_system_in_our_outdoor/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Like I stated earlier, I'd love to get some feedback from the community on how the mechanic can be improved, so please drop your thoughts in the comments here or on reddit (whichever you prefer). Hope you enjoy reading it and you can also join us on discord for exclusive updates and game asset reveals.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic