Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:39:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLast Ball - How Far Can You Roll? [HTML5]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Last Ball - How Far Can You Roll? [HTML5]  (Read 481 times)
werekarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2020, 05:01:29 PM »

Play Last Ball: https://www.pirongames.com/last-ball/play/

Last Ball is an endless runner browser game, where the goal is to guide the ball through dangerous landscapes and collect points.

As you progress, the road will swing more wildly, the ball will pick up more speed and enemies will get more dangerous.

How far can you roll and...how high can you score? Wink

The game was created using Unity, coded in C# and exported for WebGL. It should work on all major browsers, as well as mid- to high-end mobile devices.

Thank you for playing!

Game playthrough on YouTube

Screenshots

one of the Many
Gaming_Stef
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »

It's pretty nice!

It's got a nice stylished look, and plays pretty well. looks really polished.
There doesn't seem to be much to it though, once you've played it, you've seen it all it seems.
I played it with keyboard, and it feels kinda weird that the balls keeps going to the side when I release the button. Seems like it should either go straight up again, or the camera should rotate so the ball always goes straight up.
But maybe it feels differently when playing on mobile.

Anyway, it's a well made game, good job!

J0S3PH44
Level 0

Hiya!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:32:05 AM »

Heyo, cool game  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

I played in a browser & tried out keyboard and mouse controls. Gaming_Stef made a fair point with how the ball keeps rolling in the direction that we "swiped" to. I think it's interesting cause I haven't played any similar games that control like it. While it was unexpected, I think it works just fine.

I think the mouse controls could afford to be a little more sensitive. It's easy to maneuver around in the beginning, but when the path becomes more of a zig zag with sharper turns, it's hard to turn along with it.

Good job!!

"This is no good.  I can't win if I'm a cabbage."
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 06:20:52 AM »

The graphics look nice, in order to make this concept work you would need a big meta game component where the player is constantly unlocking new stuff, the more meaningful the stuff that is unlocked the more engaging the game will be, so for example if you have a narrative that is compelling that is dished out every 10 pickups or so etc. also power ups are another way to go, or if you are fixing up a space station or something.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic