Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:46:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSPELL BLASTER [1-2 Player Co-Op Dungeon Crawler!] FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: SPELL BLASTER [1-2 Player Co-Op Dungeon Crawler!] FUNDED ON KICKSTARTER!  (Read 3264 times)
sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:17 AM »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya TIGsource!

Spell Blaster is a new game being developed for PC, Mac, & Linux!
It is a 1-2 player action game, that tasks players with navigating mazes, destroying monsters, avoiding dangerous traps and solving perilous puzzles!

Features:
  • Team up with a friend in local co-op multiplayer.
  • Navigate, puzzle solve, and fight your way through dozens of stages.
  • Groovy retro soundtrack
  • Discover unique Zones that introduce new enemies and challenges.
  • Face off against Bosses that will test your skill at the end of each Zone.
  • Gain multiple spells and abilities that continuously expand your combat potential.

If you're interested in keeping this game on your radar and seeing more, please check out our website and subscribe to our mailing list to get exclusive updates and access to demo builds when available: https://www.spellblaster.com/

If you like to keep in touch with us, we're on twitter: twitter.com/jumpgamestudio and discord: https://discord.gg/Xab7syd as well!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 09:44:48 PM by sudobeats » Logged

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 08:14:04 AM »

Story

The wicked sorcerer Agonus has appeared in the land of Meridia to summon dark crystal shards and harvest the life force of the planet for his own nefarious schemes. It is up to brave heroine mage Marza, and her equally fearless sidekick Pan, to set forth on a journey to save the world from destruction!

It's very brief and straightforward right now. We're designing the game similar to retro classics where the player experiences the world the story takes place in rather than being fed exposition.

Objective

The goal of each stage is to navigate the maze and destroy the Dark Shard. But this won't be a simple task! There are puzzles and monsters that will stand in the player's way. Sometimes you might need to destroy all monsters on the stage for the path to open up to the Dark Shard. Or you might need to find a key to unlock the way. Each stage has different conditions the player must meet in order to win!

https://spellblaster.com

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 08:39:52 AM »

Hey, this looks real neat! I'm surprised you've set the progress bar at 10%, because it looks pretty polished and playable already.

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 09:08:13 AM »

Hey, this looks real neat! I'm surprised you've set the progress bar at 10%, because it looks pretty polished and playable already.

Haha wow thanks! We spent a lot of time on making the game look polished as we're preparing for a demo release soon. But there's still a lot of work to do on the game overall.

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 04:27:59 AM »

Here is a quick look at one of the first bosses. He's tough and really intimidating when he is stomping after you. Get too close and you'll eat a large fist!

baz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 05:59:40 PM »

Looking great!  Who, Me? Wizard
baz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:10:22 AM »

Few updates!  Wizard

1-2 player local coop is available, here we are using Parsec for remote play:

Victory dances when stages are complete:

And last, new puzzles to solve:

Any puzzles you would like to see?
sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 07:21:31 AM »

NEW UPDATE TIME!

Please check out our first game dev log video! We'll be exploring and showcasing progress on Spellblaster with this series on a regular basis. Please tell me what you think!

ENAY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 06:30:00 AM »

I love retro stuff.

Yeah this looks great, kinda like a cross between Alundra, the Chaos Engine and some tile based things and stuff like Pengo.

This is a very accomplished "10%" though, I clicked this topic expecting perhaps not even gfx to be seen. lol

I doubt you have, but have you thought of squishing the UI up a bit and then making it 4 player coop?

Of course, don't mind me, I just love making every game multiplayer. Smiley
sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 09:26:12 AM »

I love retro stuff.

Yeah this looks great, kinda like a cross between Alundra, the Chaos Engine and some tile based things and stuff like Pengo.

This is a very accomplished "10%" though, I clicked this topic expecting perhaps not even gfx to be seen. lol

I doubt you have, but have you thought of squishing the UI up a bit and then making it 4 player coop?

Of course, don't mind me, I just love making every game multiplayer. Smiley

Thanks!! I actually never heard of The Chaos Engine but that game looks so sick now that you mention it.  Smiley
Also, I updated the progress bar to reflect more on the current state of the game, it seems 10% was in fact too low hehe.
Thanks for the suggestion about 4 player co-op. I think this game will work best with 2 player, but perhaps in the future we can work on something that's great for 4 players.

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all a look at our World Map with a brand new theme to go along with it!

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 10:15:50 AM »

Prepare to enter the Ancient Temple Zone!  Wizard

This is the second Zone in the game you will visit and there's new enemies, puzzles, and traps awaiting the player.
There's even a very special Boss to fight. But that's for another time...  Wink

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »

Update time!

Just released a new dev log video. This time I'm talking about the origins of the concept of the game and how it influences the level design. Please take a look  Smiley

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2020, 09:09:23 AM »

Working on tweaking and balancing the fire spell!

Currently you can get more hits in at closer range, because the flames disperse while traveling.

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »

Flying enemies can attack the players from anywhere on the map Shocked

Even the blocks on the stage won't protect you!

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2020, 08:00:18 AM »

Today we have a preview of our title screen/main menu with our brand new original title theme!
What do you think?

Please follow us on twitter as well. We're getting ready for a demo next month!
twitter.com/jumpgamestudio

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2021, 09:05:24 AM »

Happy New Year everyone!  Coffee

Today I have a new quick dev log to showcase three of the game's spells.

What do you think so far? I'm enjoying how things are turning out!

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 09:06:44 AM »

Wooooohoooooo!

Our demo is now available for download!

Cheers  Beer!
Please let us know what you think!

UnemployedVillain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 11:10:01 AM »

Today we have a preview of our title screen/main menu with our brand new original title theme!
What do you think?

Please follow us on twitter as well. We're getting ready for a demo next month!
twitter.com/jumpgamestudio

Dat music. I love it
sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2021, 08:00:34 AM »

sudobeats
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 05:38:23 AM »

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic