Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:41:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHijack Overdrive: a 2.5D platformer/shootemup (demo available)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hijack Overdrive: a 2.5D platformer/shootemup (demo available)  (Read 522 times)
Gaming_Stef
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:18:29 AM »

I'm working on Hijack Overdrive, an action packed Side-Scroller that combines 2D Platforming and Shootemup action, with GTA- and Tower Defense-like twitsts.

I made a demo (for windows only at the moment though)
https://gamingstef.itch.io/hijack

I would love it if people could check it out and tell me what they think!
Feel free to be brutally honest!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:23:49 AM by Gaming_Stef » Logged

boarnoah
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 05:46:15 PM »

Liked the art-style (great job!).
The break-dancing on top of vehicles was funny.

Difficulty caught me a little bit off guard, the first mission took a retry to get through (it's good though, manageable just took some practice).

I found it pretty easy to lose track of which vehicle I was in control of at times, especially when there are multiple hijacked ones, since there is no visual difference between player vs friendly hijacked vehicles.

I guess its probably not how this genre is usually played, but did you consider mouse-aim for the turrets and tanks?
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 09:51:00 AM »

Hi GamingStef,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 06:05:08 AM »

You need to recut the trailer, it took way too long to get to what was special about your game. Also, even though you have your gameplay twist about taking over enemy tanks, I still would like more of a narrative hook as to why I would be interested in investing time in playing this.

FelipeQuevici
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 06:31:58 PM »

It's a fun game, liked the visuals, the idea of not only hijacking ships but using them to build a fleet is cool, i just found the control scheme uncomfortable, why not make the space bar be also where you hold for the super jump?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic