Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1383479 Posts in 66144 Topics- by 58570 Members - Latest Member: omewwes

October 20, 2020, 10:05:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWild Honesty: A party game for deeper conversations
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wild Honesty: A party game for deeper conversations  (Read 144 times)
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2020, 02:58:55 PM »

Hey all! I just launched a game I've been working off and on with for almost five years - this is by far the most professional indie release I've ever personally done on my own. It was my grad thesis exploring emotional vulnerability between players through gameplay, and now I've polished it into a professional final release with smoother gameplay and better ways to facilitate all types of players. Smiley

The name is Wild Honesty: A party game for deeper conversations.

The goal was to get friends to go deeper and get closer in their friendships than they had before. I'm really happy with the results, even though we had to do a pretty big last minute pivot. The game was going to be on mobile phones in April, but we released on Wednesday this week after moving it all into a Jackbox-like Zoom & Discord friendly format. We hope more folks can enjoy it in pandemic this way.

Steam

Itch.io

If you play it, let me know your thoughts! This has shown me that there's a whole genre of deep and conversational games out there which our industry hasn't even started to touch. I think we could really do a lot of good here. And let me know if you have questions - I want more stuff like this to exist!

Cheers,
Brian
Blink
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 03:16:59 PM »

Update #1 - Spooky Little Update!

I added spooky bats and stuff! Look - they're so cute!

Sales are alright so far, but it's hard to advertise "face your feelings" so idk what I'm gonna do about that haha. People seem to really dig it - it's just trying it that makes people scared most of all. Truly - a Halloween game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:14:45 PM by Blink » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic