Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:28:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDeep Sea - Remake of an old ship vs submarine battle game on Android
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Deep Sea - Remake of an old ship vs submarine battle game on Android  (Read 799 times)
agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2020, 11:48:49 AM »

Hi!

After some years of working on it in spare time, I finished my android game and I would like to collect some feedback on it [ Smiley

It is based on an old game, where you control a ship, and drop bombs to defeat attacking submarines.
You have to avoid enemy mines from damaging your ship.

• There are unlockable ships and upgrades, necessary for the harder levels.
  • Game controller support
  • Runs on Android 4.1 and up
  • Many types of submarines with different weapons
  • 90+ levels, and 10 extra time attack levels
  • Uses a custom engine (--> small download size)

Any feedback is very much appreciated!  Smiley

GoogePlay link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bute.bi106z.deepsea

It is also available on the Samsung store and Amazon app store.

agnu17
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »

A new update has been released that fixes a crash, adjusts some of the levels and fixes an issue with storing highscores.  Gomez
geo
Level 0

Indie dev from Austria (kamgam.com)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 12:39:27 PM »

Hi,

downloaded your game and played it, also rated it to please the algorithm gods Wink

Here are some of my findings: (played on android 10, nokia 7 plus).

1) 11.7 MByte, well done that is small, my phone is thanking you.

2) The intro/menu screen does not match the rest of the game. It is pixelated but the rest is not. Is this an homage to the original? At first I thought that is the game and was a little confused. In general the coherence in the art could be improved upon. Not sure if this mix in the menu does the game justice because the in-game graphics are nice.

3) The level end sound (win) seems to bug out for me. It sounds like white noise turned to 200% volume. Not sure whats up with that. The loosing sound is okay though.

4) I like the 3D background and the yellow bombs are easily spotted. I had some trouble with the red (outline) projectiles of the enemy ships. The first time I died without even noticing why. Only on second glance I noticed the enemy ships are shooting at me (especially since they did not in the previous levels).
Two suggestions here:
a) make the projectiles totally red instead of just adding a glow and
b) maybe change the design of the ship which fire at you to signal to the player that they are different from those in the first levels which do not fire upon you.

Hope this feedback was not too harsh. Finishing and publishing a game is a daunting task and you succeeded Beer!
Thanks for posting your game and best of luck Smiley

Find out more about me and my games on https://kamgam.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic