Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 03:58:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsBalding's Quest (Moderator: BMcC)Balding's Quest: Milestone 2
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: Balding's Quest: Milestone 2  (Read 147660 times)
Zaphos
« Reply #240 on: April 25, 2007, 08:23:47 AM »

Oompharoni!
Nice, I think the timing feels right.  Smiley

And Xion -- awesome as usual  Shocked
One minor crit for the "Ow!": It looks like he pulls his hand back in pain/shock, but then puts it back on the axe before he is recovered.  It think it might read better if putting it back were more delayed.  It looks a bit like his making a "shoo, fly!" motion, now.
Zaphos
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2007, 07:41:05 PM »

Okay, here's a new version of the flail attack ... (attached)
The frame timings on the gif are: 100, 30, 30, 30, 40, 40, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100
Zaphos
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2007, 07:47:42 PM »

Weird, it plays waay faster in Firefox than in IE or windows image viewer for me.  So, um, if it plays extremely fast, it might just be your browser?  I intended the IE timing, for what it's worth.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »

Awesome Zaphos!  Grin

Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

Ooh. First post.
HOWDY.

Just wanted to have a shot at an animation of the lava death.

I guess I should use more fire. His hair burns off, but it's quite hard to see that right now.
And I should probably make it slow down as he gets deeper. Right now he melts at a constant speed, which seems a little weird.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:34:17 PM by Pigbuster » Logged
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »

Oooh, nice, Pigbustah. A suggestion, if I may;
Have a little 1px fringe of orange and red on the very bottom of the dude. You know how embers look with all those firey red lines and paper when it burns at the edges? I think that'd be a neat touch.

And yeah, slowing a bit would be cool. I think that, by the end, he should be just a black mass of charred nastiness in the shape of a person before he sinks for good.

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2007, 11:51:52 PM »

I'm away on business atm, but this stuff is aawwwweeesome.  Grin

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2007, 05:35:16 PM »

Pigbuster, that is friggin' sweet!  Welcome! Grin

Can't wait to see all of this in action.
vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 10, 2007, 07:23:04 PM »

I Like PigBus!  hmmmmm...maybe add some flames to the top?
I think I might take a crack at a flamin' baldy

Been kinda tied up a little the last bit and kinda working on these off and on between thingzzz. 
(i saw m-a-r-t-h-a in here.)

Ok
Death from fall
Bdoing. The Ginormous gut helps.  Not sure if he should blink when he dies, or explode into smoke, or guts, or become a ghost, or start crying.........

Death from spikes/Generic Poof
Maybe it should be a poof of blood.  Not sure if that would fit the vibe of the game.  It would be a nice surprise though. 

Generic Hit
Owww

Working on some raty-B's too.  Just trying to clean things up a little bit.
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2007, 06:08:53 AM »

Too awesome. Smiley

Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »

It seems kinda weird that there would be a poof of smoke from landing on spikes.
It would probably be a good way to make the corpse disappear, though. (Rather then the blink-dissapear like in the fall death)

Love that fall death animation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:02:57 PM by Pigbuster » Logged
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2007, 03:52:02 AM »

I'd suggest that the corpse of baldie lies still when he "dies" and that the screen fades out.
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 15, 2007, 05:59:23 AM »

What do you guys use for creating sprite animations? I usually use photoshop or fireworks and sometimes flash studio 8 or gamemaker to try out prototypes.

If I could wish for a sprite animation tool (I'm thinking of building one myself) it would be a tool where you can edit individual tiles while the animation is playing but also be able to select which sprites should play before and after the animation being drawn.

/rob
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: May 15, 2007, 09:12:27 AM »

Dunno about the pros, but I used ImageReady, which you should have if you have photoshop. Never noticed it before, but it's designed to handle gif animation using similar tools to photoshop (layers as well as frames). There's no quick way to output a sprite sheet from the animation, though, as far as i can tell.

CosMind
« Reply #254 on: May 15, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »

What do you guys use for creating sprite animations?

promotion is the only sprite anim tool i'll ever use.  i've tried many others, and also tried using photoshop/image ready for the job.

nothing compares to promotion for sprite creation, editing, and animation.

it can indeed create animstrips/spritesheets with ease, too.

(this tool is the one used by most gba/ds developers)
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2007, 08:28:55 AM »

might i suggest Graphics Gale, i use this all the time and it is incredible for sprite creation.  There is a free version and a commercial version but i find that the free version works just fine.  It can export into a sprite sheet and you can have multiple frames, layers and it does onion skinning as well.  I really like it , thought you might want to try it out. Only problem with it is that you have to pay for it if you want to export to gif. but i just use a different program to do that. hope this helps.

http://www.humanbalance.net/gale/us/index.html

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2007, 09:00:13 AM »

might i suggest Graphics Gale, i use this all the time and it is incredible for sprite creation.

I feel your opinion is somewhat undermined by your avatar. Wink

Actually, another thumbs up for Graphics Gale here. It has certain niggles, sure, but it's the best of a bad bunch. I certainly don't believe we've yet seen the ultimate spriting package.

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »

** super extra mega late replies ** Shocked

@Rav:  Thanks!

@PigB:  That fall animation was a real pain in the arsecast.com.  I made the generic poof 'cause i'm lazy.  So there.  Not really.  I'll get  around to the blood and guts version.  If someone else does it that'd be great! 

@rob:  Not blinking when GB dies seems like a good idea.  I'm thinking maybe he should blink or something when he reappears.  When GB dies the screen can fade to black, or BMcC can have some sort of nice amazing-3d-fully-rendered-texture-mapped-rotating-screen-wipe-thing going on.  or not.

few more:

Flamin' baldy (alternate)

Finally finished this.  argg.  Too lazy to make him into ashes.
I really like yours better Pig.  Just needs some flames in his lovely locks!  Think I'll add some for ya if you don't mind.  Wink

Basic Death (alternate)

Another one to go with Xion's GB Spinny Fall anim.

meeceses

what about the color?

more 2 come....
Zaphos
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2007, 01:21:13 PM »

Flamin' baldy (alternate)

Finally finished this.  argg.  Too lazy to make him into ashes.
I really like yours better Pig.  Just needs some flames in his lovely locks!  Think I'll add some for ya if you don't mind.  Wink
Well, this one looks like Guy Balding catches fire, while PigBuster's looks like Guy Balding falls in lava.  I'm sure both will happen, and for a 'catching fire' animation yours is pretty great Grin

Basic Death (alternate)

Another one to go with Xion's GB Spinny Fall anim.
Kiss

meeceses

what about the color?

Oooh, also nice.  Should they have glow-y red eyes?
vitaminNewB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »

Well, this one looks like Guy Balding catches fire, while PigBuster's looks like Guy Balding falls in lava.  I'm sure both will happen, and for a 'catching fire' animation yours is pretty great Grin

Hehe.  Thanks Zap.

Yeah, you know, I was thinking the same exact thing about the flames.  This flame anim would prob be good for the temple level.  Maybe it should be an animation where he doesn't die, but dances around a little after he gets hit until the flames go out.

That rat is a pain in the bunzzzzzzzz......
here's another one for ya anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic