Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:23:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallStar Matter - Australian Indie Kickstarter Project
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Star Matter - Australian Indie Kickstarter Project  (Read 341 times)
RunReadySoftware
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:06:57 AM »

Hello there!

I was directed by a friend to this lovely forum. I was not aware of it's existence prior to now (I don't get out that much), however, it's great to see a place like this, and I look forward to engaging with it and the fine people that inhabit it.

For the past 6 months I have been working on a game that I have recently brought onto the Kickstarter platform. I was hoping it would be possible to get some feedback on the materials and the overall campaign? This is my first piece of work intended for commercial consumption, so there's likely a lot I need to work on, and I'd appreciate all the feedback I can get.

Thank you very much!

What's that? Ah right, the game!

Here's a quick lil' trailer if you don't have much time:

Star Matter is a single-player, 2D, tile based, spaceship physics RPG, where you pilot a ship that you are able to customize and configure to suit the current task, your playstyle, or what remains of the ship. Using your design and piloting ability, you will explore what remains of humanity after the collapse of Earth to an unknown alien threat. What path will humanity carve into the far future, if any?

The Kickstarter campaign can be found here if you want to know some more nitty-gritty details:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/runready/starmatter

Otherwise, here's quick run-down on the features of the game...

Features:

Ship Creation:

Your ship is the only thing standing between you and a neuro-clone into a new body, making it pretty important. As such, you are able to use the resources gathered from fair or foul means to improve existing ship designs or generate new ones, as you unlock additional ship components.

Dynamic AI:

The AI in Star Matter utilizes ships as well, and they are bound by the same restrictions as the player. If an AI ship loses some core components, or thrusters, it will have a harder time posing a threat, or may flee combat.

Cybernetic Abilities:

As the player is able to harness their understanding of alien technology, the player has access to additional abilities that others in the universe do not. The player may be able to leverage these abilities to gain an advantage in a bad situation. These abilities currently include creating a gravity well and assuming control of an enemy ship. These abilities may be improved or expanded as the players' understanding of the alien threat grows.

Faction Interactions:

There are three primary factions making up what remains of humanity, and managing their expectations and interests may play a key role in the advancing of humanity. Attacking vessels of that faction, or plundering them for resources, may prevent you from accessing their technologies in the future, or making them openly hostile towards you.

Crafted Universe:

Each area is purposefully built for the player to explore and potentially conquer. Additional areas may be provided to you through your choices in both the story and gameplay.

Mining:

There are many ways to gain Terra, from bounties to faction task rewards, but mining is one of the least dangerous, or at least, it used to be.

Thank you for your time! I really do appreciate it.

-Drew
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:17:48 AM by RunReadySoftware » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic