Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:22:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingStrategic Chess-Card Game Ra's Chess Alpha Beta Invitation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Strategic Chess-Card Game Ra's Chess Alpha Beta Invitation  (Read 369 times)
Ageofcards
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2020, 07:16:47 AM »

Hello,

I would like to our strategic chess-card game to you. We are very early periods of the game but we need some feedback about core game mechanics and to see what parts we need to upgrade. We are a small but ambitious team that is why we need players that will share this journey with us.

You can get your beta keys ageofcards.com

Ra’s Chess is a turn-based chess-card game which is developed by Indie developer NTROY. Such as other examples of the card games, two players face off turn-based combat. Despite being easy to learn it is complex and includes deep strategy.

Each player will have 15 cards for the alpha version and heroes have unique ultimate skills. The goal of the game is to destroy the enemy’s army cause all minions healths depends upon the heroes’ health.
There will be two game modes with the same game screen for alpha-beta. That is why each mode’s starting period and count of minions different but the same abilities. Each player has a movement and an attack right during his/her turn period.

Hexagonal Chess Board
Ra’s Chess hexagonal board allows you to develop new game strategies.

Heroes
There will be 2 available heroes for alpha-beta one of them is Freyja and the other one is Ra.
Freyja is a melee hero and it has “immune” passive skill which cannot be taken reflection damages.
Ra is a range hero who can hunt his enemies away.

Minions
6 different type of minions with the same ability for each player. Characters have 3 types as “Minion, Siege and Hero”
Every minion has different movement and attack ranges.
Moreover, some of the minions have passive abilities.
Cavalry: Quick and defensive melee minion.
Dragon: Mid-range flying minion.
Infantry: Such a pawn on the chess but it will help you too much to spoil your enemy’s plan.  many different strategies.
Catapult: Long-ranged siege minion but it has some disadvantage.
Archer: Ranged minion which allows you to different strategies.
Chieftan: “Vizier” with the lifesteal ability.

Cards
Every player has the same deck for alpha-beta and both players need to withdraw a card among 3 cards. Each player starts with one mana crystal, and after every turn, the player gains one additional crystal with the maximum being 5. Every player also draws one new card from the top of your deck at the beginning of each round.
There are three types of cards such as “Spell, Weapon, Trap” and they have different rarity depends upon their consuming mana.

Trap System
Traps help you to hunt your enemy unawares. You can set a trap upon your territory and it triggers when the enemy comes up to the hexagon.
There are 3 available traps for alpha-beta mode.

Lootbox
It’s a game-changer due to the cards which included. Lootbox cards are extra-strong and let you change the fate of the game. So, loot box wars are harsh.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 07:24:11 AM by Ageofcards » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 05:47:57 AM »

This game may be good, but there is nothing that tells me what the "hook" is right away. As in, is there a character I will care about? Is there an interesting setting? Is there a goal or destination of the game? When I win the chess game am I saving the world? Am I defeating an enemy? Am I changing the system? Why would I play?

Ageofcards
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 06:45:42 AM »

Isn’t it the real aim of the playtesting? We are an indie developer and we need community support for further development. If you like this kind of games you can play and enjoy that’s all about the gaming already. Don’t we already playing games to enjoy?

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 06:47:17 AM »

The aim of playtesting is for me to define your game?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic