Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:11:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessBuying VR games and ideas question
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Buying VR games and ideas question  (Read 2222 times)
goldandsilver
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:42:21 AM »

Hey guys,

How do I go about buying game ideas or existing finished games for vr headsets?
Anyone here want to sell or know a place where I can buy?

I want to buy ideas and games, if you got some hit me up through pm.
Rogod
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 01:14:22 PM »

If you want to just buy VR games for a headset, go to somewhere like Steam or the Oculus store and purchase them, they'll be available for your own personal use as much as you wish.

If you actually mean you want to license VR games to publish and distribute them yourself, you'll need to reach out to specific developers (I am unaware of a pool of ready-made games that sit undistributed waiting for somebody to pick up and license). Try hunting around for VR projects on forums like this in the townhall or devlogs boards and get in contact with the creators directly to see what you can offer them.

As for licensing/buying someone's idea, I don't believe that's how it's done unless you can convince someone to let you trademark something specific they thought up (this will be exceedingly rare). You're going to have a hard time "owning" any game's concept or an aspect of game development because the market is now so interwoven it'd be virtually impossible to claim ownership of any one thing without it being visibly derived from some previous game. In other words, someone could sell you the pitch for a game but someone else could easily, and entirely accidentally, make a very similar game and you'd stand virtually no ground in a legal dispute these days unless there was some piece of new technology in use that you had purchased the trademark for.

I think about all you'd manage to achieve is being able to claim ownership of a game's title.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic