Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:15:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPocket platformer - mario maker meets bitsy
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Pocket platformer - mario maker meets bitsy  (Read 4285 times)
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »

When i saw this guy, i thought that he should go fast  Huh?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 12:10:49 PM by lobstersteve » Logged
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 09:23:04 AM »

Been a while again  Smiley

Some things that happened in the meantime:
Some visual treats have been made. Now the game has some SFX sprites, which are all editable, so you can give it your own touch Smiley
Between the levels there is a fade in and out animation, to make switching between the levels less chaotic.
The biggest feature that was made, is the dash ability. All things can be seen here:

It all kinda sounds pretty obvious while making a platformer  Grin But it was all a little more complex, as those things are supposed to be editable by the user and are related to the custom player attributes which can be adjusted to the users desire.

For the dashing mechanic i tried to add some helper features in favor of the player. F.e. there is a buffer between the dash-button press and when it's executed, so the player can also activate the dash while he is in the air, shorty before landing on the ground, or chain a lot of dashes on the ground. (for the speedrunners  Wink )

Also it's possible to dash directly while hugging a wall to push away from it, for some interesting level designs Smiley

I guess it won't be long until i post a link for everyone to test the tool here, as there are already a lot of possibilities to create diverse games Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 09:34:19 AM by lobstersteve » Logged
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »

Lately i created the possibility to create animations for each object. That includes simple decor stuff, or interactive elements.

That way you can make the scene feel more alive Smiley

Also, created a new element - the thwo...stomper  Wink
It can be rotated in all 4 directions, will then check if you are in the way and will fly torwards you

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 12:44:36 PM by lobstersteve » Logged
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »

i thought i'll post the link to the project here already  Smiley
it's not public for everyone, more like a link to a "private beta": https://the-l0bster.itch.io/pocket-platformer
feel free to check it out and of course leave feedback  Smiley  Coffee
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2021, 12:43:36 PM »

I've been working on an improved collission detection lately Smiley For now it is applied to the "stomper" enemy.
They will now interact with each other in all kinds of ways -> if they bump into each other, they stop attacking, if they are already moving back to their initial position, they'll wait, while other stompers are in the way  Coffee

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 07:23:12 AM by lobstersteve » Logged
thehorseman007
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2021, 02:02:08 AM »

I loved it, really loved everything you have shown until now, the artwork is nice and good, and I really fell in love with pixel art or old school type of games haha, because they make all my old movements come alive again.  Smiley

I will just request one thing if you can get this game on Android, it will be fun and really cool, you can put a story mode with some levels say 50 maybe less or more it's on you, and a mode in which we can play other players levels, like user levels, something like that , haha there is a lot more you can do with this.

Thanks for sharing with us.
Enjoy. Cheesy
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »

Thx  for the compliments :*
Although this project is not a game. It's a tool to make games in, similar to Mario maker  Smiley
There will be games made with it of course, I myself will make some showcase - games, but making games will be mostly up to other people Smiley
And sorry, no android port  Who, Me?
thehorseman007
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2021, 09:38:04 AM »

Thx  for the compliments :*
Although this project is not a game. It's a tool to make games in, similar to Mario maker  Smiley
There will be games made with it of course, I myself will make some showcase - games, but making games will be mostly up to other people Smiley
And sorry, no android port  Who, Me?

Oh ok, sorry haha I was thinking that you are making a game and there is a option to design some custom levels, I think I missed something , but yes it's really nice and good that it's a tool I like it and really nice.

About the Android port, no problem haha never mind I can understand that but yeah you are doing a good work.
l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2021, 07:27:59 AM »

Coffee

l0bster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »

The tool has been online for a while now and a couple people already made games with it Smiley
If you are interested in it, i've gathered them all in a collection on itch.io: https://itch.io/c/1932056/games-made-with-pocket-platformer
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic