Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:13:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPEPPERED. An existential platformer. [DEMO OUT]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PEPPERED. An existential platformer. [DEMO OUT]  (Read 4074 times)
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2020, 09:21:06 AM »

PEPPERED
A lighthearted 2D platformer about the meaningless of existence.

ELEVATOR PITCH
A simple, heavily narrative driven platformer, that subverts tropes for the sake of making people depressed.

SYNOPSIS
In a world where nobody ever dies, the God of Death is on the verge of breaking free and about to cast doom on everyone.
Luckily, life presents you with an opportunity to take this matter into your own hands.
And then presents you with countless ways to fail spectacularly.

GAMEPLAY

Hand Thumbs Up Left Argue with a secretary!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Plunge your company into a crippling debt!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Decide to save the world!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Become public enemy number one!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Get chased by police, hillbillies, shopping-cart-riding bull brother, and more!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Read a book!

Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Deal with the consequences of your actions!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:59:25 AM by Vasiliy Most » Logged
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 04:10:23 AM »

LITTLE UPDATE
So I've been working on a boss battle and a scene where you encounter a first major character — the last, soon to be abolished,
Police officer of the Immortal world. For the act of stealing the star, this officer will chase you thought out the entire first act of the game.

The progress is going along nicely, the core loop of this battle is almost done.
Next up — dialogue, new cutscenes etc.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:58:03 AM by Vasiliy Most » Logged
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 10:16:06 AM »

PUZZLE TIME!
What's better then filling out documents? A puzzle about it."Apology letter for uniformed leave".
Even though you're not an employee of a place you're leaving. 

Happy holidays, everybody. Been working on this goofy puzzle lately. Getting closer to realise of a demo!

Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 07:32:05 AM »

SO ANYWAY.

Jesus, I haven't posted here for quite a while! A lot of stuff happened during that time (if anybody cares). I made a demo! It has dumb puzzles, boss fights, two alternative endings, tons of jokes, and charming characters!

Unfortunately, I cannot post this demo right now because I'm in the middle of preparing for the Kickstarter. It is unclear when is the perfect time to post the demo (which ideally should promote the Kickstarter). But what is clear is that I should build a community before launching anything. So if you are interested in: narrative-driven games, dark humor, and bizarre indie games, then I would be grateful if you can give the game a follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PepperedGame You can expect behind-the-scenes stuff, dumb jokes, progress, and information about the upcoming Kickstarter! Also much more frequent updates than here. For reasons.

Yonder
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 01:23:12 AM »

I like it. Made this account just to say so. Really good visual storytelling, humor everywhere. Give demo.
Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 01:27:01 AM »

I like it. Made this account just to say so. Really good visual storytelling, humor everywhere. Give demo.

How sweeeeeeeet :D
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 06:53:19 AM »

Thank you so much; it's very flattering! Trust me when I say that I really-really-REALLY want to publish the demo — very excited about it.

But I must ensure that the Kickstarter campaign succeeds. Otherwise, I won't be able to make the full game. So I will publish the demo much closer to the campaign so that the hype (if there will be one) doesn't die out before the Kickstarter starts.

Hang tight and stay tuned!
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 09:41:12 AM »

Hello again! Not a significant update, just wanted to share a track written for the game by Fedya Balashov. It does sorta captures in-game atmosphere. I think.  Blink Blink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1390359753142980608
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 07:55:51 AM »

Hey again. I made a trailer for the game! It shows what's it all about. Check it out!

Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2021, 07:37:05 AM »

A couple of YouTubers have picked up an exclusive demo and made let's plays about it! Currently, it's the only way to see the game in action, so please have yourself a look at videos from ManlyBadassHero or AlphaBetaGamer!
(And follow us at @PepperedGame for more info on development, public demo and more)

ok_eraser
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 06:12:52 AM »

Wow! Art is awesome
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 11:21:22 AM »

Hey-hey everybody. New devlog is now live. This time me and Nararcher talk about the Kickstarter dates, info on the game and more.

Check it out!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:04:20 AM by Vasiliy Most » Logged
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 03:59:32 AM »

THE PUBLIC DEMO IS OUT! Give it a go! We worked very hard on it and I think it turned out not so bad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1883370/PEPPERED/
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:04:39 AM by Vasiliy Most » Logged
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 03:26:43 AM »

We also published a demo on itch.io
Check it out!

https://pepperedofficial.itch.io/peppered-demo
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:04:49 AM by Vasiliy Most » Logged
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 02:03:51 AM »

What's up. New devlog is live. We announce a few upcoming Kickstarter rewards. And talk about the game's reception so far.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2022, 06:16:37 AM »

Looks like a very interesting project! Best of luck with the KS preparations.

Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 07:31:00 AM »

Thank you!  Beer!
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2022, 05:39:47 AM »

Made a timelapse of me working on a new level. Check it out!

Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2022, 12:58:00 AM »

A light-hearted 2D platformer about the meaninglessness of existence makes it to Kickstarter!

--> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peppered/peppered <--
GO GO GO

We already received the "Project we love" badge! By the time of writing, most of the early backer rewards have been sold out, so check the campaign out, they are all gone! Pins, stickers, raincoats, and hot sauce!

Or, if you don't wanna spend money – check out the campaign itself. We worked on it for quite some time, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Tons of gifs and pictures, a few goofy jokes, and more (by which I mean there is also a trailer there)!

Spread the word and donate! Thank you so much for the support!
Vasiliy Most
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2022, 07:58:27 AM »

Kickstarter is going smoothly so far! Most of the early backer rewards have been sold out! Only 38/150 left!

All 38 of those rewards are the same tier — a PEPPERED-theme hot sauce (plus a bunch of other stuff)! With one of our characters on the label!

We also have raincoats, stickers, custom NPCs, and more! So check out the campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peppered/peppered/description

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic