Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:43:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOffering Paid Feedback for Games?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Offering Paid Feedback for Games?  (Read 1558 times)
Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2020, 04:44:05 AM »

Hello guys,
I’ve been reading of various development forums and one there’s the recurrent problem of games not getting any feedback (constructive or otherwise). Legions of deserted devlogs with no interaction from users.

I’m considering offering a paid service where people can submit their game and I write and in-depth feedback for it. It could be on video format or written form. I haven’t seen anything like that out there and there’s definitely a demand for it.

I’m thinking of 20$ (US)  Hand Money Left Hand Money Right per feedback. As for the limit, I haven’t made my mind yet. It could be a 30 min video where I give live feedback, an edited 5 min video or a written message with a word count.

I’m wondering if anyone would be interested in using that service or not and at what conditions.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 04:22:28 AM by Zizka » Logged

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 02:09:47 PM »

Good feedback can be worth much more than $20. There are entire departments at video game studios for QA which basically play the game looking for bugs or rough parts of the game.

However, I'm pretty set for getting feedback. I have about 15 people in my current beta and they have given me some priceless advice and all I did was give them the game as compensation. I do think its not too difficult to find people who are willing to offer their 2 cents for well about 2 cents really.

I do a series of "Gamedev Feedbacks" on my youtube channel when I find a game that is interesting and the only reason I do it is because I love pointing out my stupid little nit-picks about UI issues and I love playing in development games.

I did this one for a dev that I've just been chatting with as friends and I just made the video for them because I thought they were cool. To some extent if he offered me $20 for that video I would feel a bit upset, I did it because I love games and because I respect him and his team.

We have exchanged some parleys about how to deal with various platforms and technical things etc. We may have even become... friends. (We are at least acquaintances.) Which again, how do you put a price on that?

Zizka
Level 5

Super Toaster X

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 04:22:03 AM »

I agree with you regarding the 20$ and it’s more valuable than that.

I think written form is what I’d prefer but I imagine people would rather see a video commentary.

I think playing the game for half an hour and comment on it for 20$ is reasonable. I think you can get most points across in half an hour.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic