Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

 
Advanced search

1393818 Posts in 67110 Topics- by 60089 Members - Latest Member: JacobHomanics

August 05, 2021, 10:25:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBattleJuice Alchemist – Action RPG with deck-building mechanics
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: BattleJuice Alchemist – Action RPG with deck-building mechanics  (Read 15816 times)
Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2021, 07:54:44 AM »

As I announced yesterday, the Steam playtest is live now. If you would like to give the game a try, just click the "Request Access" button on the Steam page. I would really appreciate any feedback from the TIG community Smiley

I also just released a new gameplay trailer for the Steam playtest, I hope you enjoy it!



Logged

Ramos
Level 5
*****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »

As usual, your presentation skills are magnificent.

Please, If possible, do share with us the results when possible, wishlist conversions, engagement from players, what pro/cons feedback you received, what marketing approach, and all that delicious information.
Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2021, 12:10:49 PM »

> Craft flasks

Wait... will there be... glassblowing in this game? Shocked
Logged
Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2021, 02:17:48 AM »

> Craft flasks

Wait... will there be... glassblowing in this game? Shocked

In deed, there kind of is. At least you need to collect sand beside other materials to make any flask Wink
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2021, 02:20:51 AM »

As usual, your presentation skills are magnificent.

Please, If possible, do share with us the results when possible, wishlist conversions, engagement from players, what pro/cons feedback you received, what marketing approach, and all that delicious information.

Thanks for the praise! I feel like I can make look things pretty, but I don't excel at marketing. But I will gladly share results and numbers with you!
Logged

Prinsessa
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2021, 07:12:50 AM »

Looking good! Sounds good too, is that synthy stuff the music you hear in the game too? Really like it! That boss in the video is the one we saw not so long ago, right? Nice to see it textured!
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2021, 12:48:17 AM »

Looking good! Sounds good too, is that synthy stuff the music you hear in the game too? Really like it!

Thank you! Yes, the music is the game's soundtrack as well. Ingame, the individual instruments are procedurally arranged so the musics fades into the background at times and gets more expressive during fights.

That boss in the video is the one we saw not so long ago, right? Nice to see it textured!

That is correct, this guy is a creature simply called the Nightmare. It has a quite fun story in my eyes and is the mini boss at the end of the playtests quest line.
Logged

Prinsessa
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2021, 02:17:31 PM »

Ohh, scary Shocked Can't wait to hear more of the music!!
Logged

vivaladav
Level 1
*



View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2021, 09:00:32 PM »

It is only a few hours until the launch of the BattleJuice Alchemist alpha playtest on Steam. You will then be able to click the "Request Access" button on the store page. More infos will follow very soon.

Hey Alain, I have just managed to run your game on Linux using Steam Proton (experimental), which means I'll be able to play it soon and hopefully I'll come up with some useful feedback.

In the meanwhile I would recommend you to do as logophil did and to post in Playtesting too as not everybody reads the this forum. Wink
Logged

Creating "Virtueror, the virtual conqueror" (RTS + 4x + RPG)

[Wishlist on Steam]
[TIGS devlog][YouTube devlog][website]
Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »

Hey Alain, I have just managed to run your game on Linux using Steam Proton (experimental), which means I'll be able to play it soon and hopefully I'll come up with some useful feedback.

That is so cool that you are going through the trouble just to give me feedback, thank you! I'm looking forward to your input!

In the meanwhile I would recommend you to do as logophil did and to post in Playtesting too as not everybody reads the this forum. Wink

I am only familiar with the DevLog part of the forum and never digged into the other sections. I will make a post in the playtest section very soon, thanks for the heads-up!
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2021, 10:09:24 AM »

I'm really excited to announce that BattleJuice Alchemist will have its own dedicated booth at DreamHack Beyond, the at-home, all-digital interactive experience showcasing the best of DreamHack, Jul 24 - Jul 31. I always wanted to go to a DreamHack, now I finally get the chance to do so digitally.

Tickets are free, I hope to see you there!

https://dreamhack.com/beyond

Logged

Prinsessa
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2021, 12:31:51 PM »

That sounds really cool, good luck! Grin
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2021, 10:23:38 PM »

That sounds really cool, good luck! Grin

Thanks! The event seems to be quite unique: Dreamhack did not simply make a virtual exhibition space, but a real game that also showcases indie games. There also will be a Steam event tied to it. The game has a Rick and Morty feel to it and I'm looking forward to play it myself. I will spend today providing  assets for the ingame BattleJuice Alchemist booth Smiley
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2021, 11:23:15 PM »

I took a quick break from fixing bugs and adding stuff to the BattleJuice Alchemist open alpha and had a little play session with Markus. He is not only a very good friend of mine but also has a German Let's Play channel focusing on strategy games, which you can check out here.

I really enjoyed doing this and we will continue playing the next part of the story soon.

Have a great weekend!



Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:03 AM »

Nice vid!

Unrelated, can you see my comment on your YT video? I think I've been shadowbanned because I can't even see my own comments these days Huh?

(maybe it's because I use a VPN)
Logged
Prinsessa
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2021, 12:06:18 PM »

Just watched it, really cool to see so much of it in action. You two were fun to listen to, and the game looks like it plays really well already! Since your devlog says it's at 60% now, what would you say those remaining 40% are?
Logged

Ramos
Level 5
*****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2021, 03:54:59 AM »

Congratulations on the video!
It seems like the game is coming along solid. I am truly curious about your results.
Logged

Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2021, 11:37:46 PM »

Nice vid!

Unrelated, can you see my comment on your YT video? I think I've been shadowbanned because I can't even see my own comments these days Huh?

(maybe it's because I use a VPN)

Thanks! I took a closer look and found your comment, but strangely I can't interact with it. It is in my list of comments, but once I click it, I end up at another one, so I can't reveal it. Hope you can figure out what is wrong with your account :/


Just watched it, really cool to see so much of it in action. You two were fun to listen to, and the game looks like it plays really well already! Since your devlog says it's at 60% now, what would you say those remaining 40% are?

Thanks for watching it although it is quite long Smiley The 60% were a bit optimistic and underestimated the amount of time polish takes. I fear the bar will stay at 60% for some more time until I feel I am at 60% (again). The remaining "40%" are adding more story content (including places, enemies etc.) and a lot of polishing Wink


Congratulations on the video!
It seems like the game is coming along solid. I am truly curious about your results.

Thank you, your support is appreciated as always!
Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10
*****



View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2021, 03:49:25 AM »

I'm guessing YT flagged me because I recently used a VPN to watch some videos - the VPN may also have been used by a bunch of trolls. Don't think I can do much at this point, you know how useless their customer service is.

Anyway, guess I'll just stick to commenting here from now on (but I'll still give the videos a like)
Logged
Alain
Level 4
****



View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2021, 11:15:37 PM »

I'm guessing YT flagged me because I recently used a VPN to watch some videos - the VPN may also have been used by a bunch of trolls. Don't think I can do much at this point, you know how useless their customer service is.

Anyway, guess I'll just stick to commenting here from now on (but I'll still give the videos a like)

That stinks, but I hope your problem might solve itself if you wait. The likes are appreciated a lot Wink
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic