Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:57:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBattleJuice Alchemist – Now in Early Access!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37
Print
Author Topic: BattleJuice Alchemist – Now in Early Access!  (Read 77297 times)
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2021, 12:01:37 AM »

In case you do not find a publisher that meets your requirements, have you also considered Kickstarter?

That's a good question. In case there is no publishing deal, I might consider Kickstarter, but I guess it would mainly serve the purpose to gain exposure. I doubt that I could raise an amount that would make the difference to make BattleJuice Alchemist a project with a budget instead of no-budget.

True, I was mostly asking for a worst-case scenario in case you don't find any investor suitable deals with an end target of the game getting finished.

The worst-case scenario is that I finish the game as originally planned when I started out: All by myself and without a budget, which is not the most terrible thing Wink

I'm really enjoying seeing this project. I also enjoy the devlogs that you've posted to Youtube! (I subscribed!) I think you have an amazing project! I look forward to seeing a lot more!

Thank you Andersk for the kind words. I'm glad you appreciate the project and videos!

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: September 23, 2021, 08:03:11 AM »

Hi Alain!

Nice to see your progress. I admire how are you able, apart of development itself, to do such nice promo and presentation. From well worded and indented post itself, to video on YouTube plus such nice touch as animated gif for video.

Good craft which tells about author that game will be also well-crafted. Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: September 23, 2021, 11:31:27 PM »

Nice to see your progress. I admire how are you able, apart of development itself, to do such nice promo and presentation. From well worded and indented post itself, to video on YouTube plus such nice touch as animated gif for video.

Good craft which tells about author that game will be also well-crafted. Gentleman

That is such a nice thing of you to say. If I had to name a characteristic I proud myself of, I guess it would be diligence. It is very nice to hear that people see the effort. Thank you so much!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: October 08, 2021, 01:40:08 AM »

BATTLEJUICE ALCHEMIST DEVLOG:
Sneak Peek - Haunted Places

I already said in the last DevLog that I have been working on haunted places lately. I could not resist to talk about them a bit more, because I am really excited for this new feature. It is still very much under development. The idea is to bring a version of boss fights to top-down combat. These mini events take the shape of sites charged with spiritual energy that come to life. You can watch the video to find out more details and get into the mood for Halloween Wink

Have a nice weekend!

Alain

click GIF to watch on YouTube ↑ (2:46 min)

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2021, 07:00:40 PM »

Great video. Short, sweet, and love the haunted places. An impressive amount of work you put into these video updates. Keep them coming.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: October 24, 2021, 03:06:42 AM »

Great video. Short, sweet, and love the haunted places. An impressive amount of work you put into these video updates. Keep them coming.

I totally agree, his presentation skills are awesome
 Gentleman

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: October 25, 2021, 12:46:41 AM »

I totally agree, his presentation skills are awesome
 Gentleman

Thank you both, oldblood and Ramos! For the future I am planning to have one devlog / update video every month to have enough content to talk about. I'm glad you're sticking with me Smiley

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2021, 01:16:11 AM »

I've fallen behind! Catching up on videos now. It's really a testament to how far along you are given how much time people are able to spend with the game in its current state too. Seems really solid Smiley Finding special structures like haunted places is nice for exploration!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2021, 01:40:00 AM »

I've fallen behind! Catching up on videos now. It's really a testament to how far along you are given how much time people are able to spend with the game in its current state too. Seems really solid Smiley Finding special structures like haunted places is nice for exploration!

I'm glad you're taking the time to catch up Smiley I have not been able to do much testing of the haunted places yet, but hopefully will be able to polish them soon and they will be - as you say - a nice reason for players to explore.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 03, 2021, 01:43:17 AM »

Of course! I was surprised to see in the video that the "nightmare" wasn't some big boss but actually one of many, and kind of just hangs out and even talks to you after the fight Blink

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: November 04, 2021, 01:30:32 AM »

Thank you both, oldblood and Ramos! For the future I am planning to have one devlog / update video every month to have enough content to talk about. I'm glad you're sticking with me Smiley

Until the very end of the Journey  Beer!

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: November 06, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »

Until the very end of the Journey  Beer!

Beer!

Of course! I was surprised to see in the video that the "nightmare" wasn't some big boss but actually one of many, and kind of just hangs out and even talks to you after the fight Blink

That's right, the Nightmare is the first boss you encounter. Him talking to you is supposed to introduce the idea that the supernatural enemies you fight are not always evil through and through. Many have lives and motives and are the hero in their own story, where you as Juice might be a kind of villain. It is actually a theme I want to explore in the story of the game more.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 06, 2021, 07:15:33 AM »

Very cool Smiley

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »

Dear fellow forum members,

after the Halloween sugar shock, this is the perfect time to dig our teeth deep into something new: the inner workings of game design. Get ready for a nail-bitingly exciting video on sciency stuff.  Compulsion loops, operant conditioning chambers, variable ratio scheduling... I have ALL the good stuff for you. No rats were harmed in the making of this video.

Have a lovely Sunday,

Alain

GAMEDEV BLIP:
Game Loops & Skinner Boxes

click GIF to watch on YouTube ↑ (4:31 min)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 10:42:37 AM by Alain » Logged

vdapps
Level 5

Head against wall since 2013

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2021, 10:09:36 AM »

Cool as always! Cool

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2021, 12:11:20 AM »

Cool as always! Cool

Thank you, glad to see you back Coffee

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: November 14, 2021, 04:04:43 AM »

Not gonna lie, I saw the video on youtube before the Tigsource post  Coffee

Question regarding youtube: what is the main target audience you aim for the channel? Is it for players or game devs?

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2021, 01:09:49 AM »

Question regarding youtube: what is the main target audience you aim for the channel? Is it for players or game devs?

To be honest, at the moment I just make videos about topics I feel like talking about. DevLogs will be the center of the content for the future though. I know it is not the most focused approach to not have a clear target audience, but I'll close my eyes for now and ignore that fact No No NO

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2021, 02:52:56 AM »

I think it's a smart move, because then later when you need to step up your marketing then interested potential players can go back and see where it all started. Does take some time and effort of course
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2021, 11:46:23 PM »

I think it's a smart move, because then later when you need to step up your marketing then interested potential players can go back and see where it all started. Does take some time and effort of course

That's what I hope, too. To think like that also takes away a bit of pressure, which feels good Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic