Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:41:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEschatown (text-heavy RPG) prototypes, both Windows and Mac
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Eschatown (text-heavy RPG) prototypes, both Windows and Mac  (Read 691 times)
jhocking
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 27, 2020, 03:04:42 PM »

I've been working for a while on a text-heavy turn-based RPG. I've been doing all the programming while I've teamed up with the indie author Michael Coorlim for the writing. We eventually decided to call ourselves Midhaven Games, and named the game Eschatown.

We've just uploaded a prototype for you to download and try. Just in time for Thanksgiving!

Just go to the game's page for both Windows and Mac builds of Eschatown: https://midhavengames.itch.io/eschatown

This version is still very early and rough, and very few sprites are in the game so far. However the writing and systems are pretty far along, so we are testing balance with this prototype. Let me know what you find!

-Joe Hocking | newArteest
Intro book for programmers: Unity in Action
jhocking
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 11:07:45 AM »

The pinned post at the top suggests adding screenshots, so here's one of the procedurally generated map and one of the interactive story/choice interface:

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »

hi jhocking,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

jhocking
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 09:37:04 AM »

Thanks for recording that and checking out the game! Your thought about some mechanic that keeps you in a region is interesting. I've already been thinking we need to make the sense of progression more obvious, but I hadn't considered that part of the problem is the random feeling of the map.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic